PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecasts

wdchuck
02-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Some of you have probably already run on to this site, but if you haven't you'll find it to be quite handy! Type in your zipcode and you get an area specific weather forecast for the next 15 days. They aren't perfect, of course, nobody is, but they get the general trends really well. Also, you can click on "hourly weather" to get the predicted temps by the hour for the next couple of days. I used this faithfully last year to find out when things would freeze at night and thaw in the morning- It predicted freeze-up time perfectly. Usually, i'd drive down to turn off the pump and drain things about 15 minutes after the forecasted freeze time and everything worked out, for the most part, problem free. Hope this helps.........
http://wwwa.accuweather.com

Breezy Lane Sugarworks
02-13-2004, 08:15 AM
This weather site is much better than the one I have been using. Thanks for the info.

syrupmaker
02-13-2004, 01:19 PM
wdchuck...If it's as accurate as you say, I think i'll tap this weekend. Next wendsday 35deg. Sounds like its gonna be gettin close .Rochester west,its time to play

Rick

Homemade arch
Stainless flat pans
Stihl chain saw
Rigged De Laval vac pump
and releaser
and just another dumb idea
(with a vision)
still no UPS,FED EX or USPS
person with chickens

mapleman3
02-13-2004, 02:12 PM
Well looking at mine maybe have to tap next weekend for western Mass.. I might be ready just no Vac running...been out doing my drops today, it's going slow, but I'm getting quicker(thank god for a walkman):)