PDA

View Full Version : Maple mentor in Auburn Area

Peacockhill Farm
02-23-2014, 06:43 PM
I just put the last nail in a small sugarhouse, I purchased a small hobby evaporator and I am looking to begin an family activity and get my kids outside and doing something together. If someone is willing to pay me a visit for a half hour and give me a few pointers on sap storage and using a continuous flow little hobby evaporator I would be very appreciative. I would be willing to pay for the consulting....
Thanks
Peacock Hill Farm

Mike's Sugar Shack
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM
I am in the Jay area u can call me and we can work something out 207-320-1987.

Cider Hill Maple Farm
02-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Hi Peacockhill,

Welcome to the trader, if you spend some time looking around at all the posts, you will start to understand the lingo. All of these members are very willing to give great advise and I'll admit I'm still a rookie myself. If you want to call me, I'll see if I can answer some of your questions. You can PM (Private Message) me for my phone number.

abbott
02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
hi there,

yup - you shouldn't have trouble finding willing helpers on maple trader.

I'm in Sumner - often go Auburn direction to do my shopping. I'd be willing to stop in next time I'm that way (should be this week sometime). If you give me your number I can call when I'm headed that way.

Steve
abbott527@gmail.com or 388-2394

JuniperHillSugar
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Greetings to Peacock Hill Farm from Juniper Hill Farm

We are located in Bowdoin, Maine, just 20 minutes east of Auburn and are in our 5th season with a Mason 2x4 Hobby evaporator. Ours is a small family operation with my wife & I and four kids. We have had lots of fun and learning and love helping others if we can. You could visit our operation if you would like, just send me a private message. We will also be open on Maine Maple Sunday if that works for you. We have 170 buckets hung but are waiting for the right temperatures to get going.

JuniperHillSugar

Aaron Roy
03-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Check out YouTube, that's where I have been doing most of my learning. I have tapping down, I think, next phase evaporating.

TapME
03-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Did u get the information j were looking for? If not let me know here and we can set up a time for us to get together. Were all helpful here. Lou.

abbott
03-15-2014, 06:08 PM
I think we're all going to have to just pick an evening when we're bored 'cause we've got not sap, we'll all go find this Peacock Hill Farm and talk his ear off until he gets thrice as confused about it all as he is now!

Ryan August
03-15-2014, 06:55 PM
I wish I saw this earlier, was out there the past 7 or 8 Thursday for beer leugue ski racing and lost valley. Post ifyou got your answers, I get out there some and only 30+/- mins away
Ryan