PDA

View Full Version : issue with my surge alamo model 60 help!!!!!

cpmaple
02-23-2014, 05:13 PM
hooked pump up today and started it up to check releaser which was fine then I checked the sight glass for the oilers to each side and the pulley side oiler is not dripping. I shut down pulled apart line and fitting no blockage. put line back on fitting end by pulling started up and check for vac have some so I'm stumped on what it could be the other side is dripping well just not the pulley side and thoughts thanks in advance chad (cpmaple)

BAP
02-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Check the oil seal on the shaft. If it is leaking, it will suck air in and will not suck oil. Also, are the oilers adjustable? Is the flow rate set slower on that side?

cpmaple
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM
they are adjustable but the wire is out of both of them I thought I seen oil out of that sight glass when I filled it up maybe back gaskets in there will replace them and see what happens thanks for the thoughts

cpmaple
02-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Question if the oil seal was leaking I would see oil by the shaft running down the pump and I don't see any?

BreezyHill
02-23-2014, 10:00 PM
No, if the oil seal is leaking it will suck air into the pump. Air and what ever is around. Try turning the dripper up more and check dripper for dirt. A drop of water can block some drippers. I often blow them out with compressor to clear debris. if seal is gone it may not be able to pull oil as easily as the air.
Ben

cpmaple
02-24-2014, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the info ben I will do some research tonight after work and let everyone know what I find cpmaple