PDA

View Full Version : Just arrived new pan with dent

bowtie
02-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I decided to buy a new pan for evap as a stop gap until i get an new evap, so I ordered a smoky lake hybrid pan and it showed up today with a dent in it:(.i need to call Anderson's tomorrow and find out what to do. My next objective will be to modify my mason arch so the pan will work, and then figure out how to set the float box, never used one before. With where the dent is I do not know if it will seal on the arch, it is in the
Front at the bottom. If any of you have used a smoky lake hybrid pan with a mason arch please respond. Thanks

maple flats
02-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Did you file a claim with the frt. Co.? How bad is the dent?

tuckermtn
02-15-2014, 07:03 AM
rail gasket can fill a lot of voids. On our first homemade arch we had over 1 inch of drop mid-way down the rail.

supersapper
03-11-2014, 08:11 PM
If you buy a new pan you expect it to be 100% perfect. That is what you are paying for. Don't settle for less!

eustis22
03-12-2014, 06:40 AM
That happened to me....my vendor exchanged it no problem.

longbeard
03-13-2014, 01:30 PM
I also had that happen this spring - ordered a new front pan for D & G ($1000) and came with a dent in one corner!!! Dealer thought they could get it pounded back into shape, but then we both decided since I was paying for a new one that what is expected - he ordered one and it arrived about a month later (he still has the dented one). Get yourself a new one.

Spolcik
03-13-2014, 01:35 PM
Jim insures and guarantees his pan in transit contact him I'm sure he will stand by his product always had with me.

johnallin
03-13-2014, 07:27 PM
From a manufacturer's viewpoint I'd bet that when that pan left Smokey Lake it was perfect, the carrier is responsible for any damage in transit. Hopefully you noted the damage on the bill of lading when you received, and you should file a claim with the carrier. They may send someone out to look at the packaging and the damage and ultimately you, or who ever files the claim, will be reimbursed for the damages.
We ship aluminum building products for a living- 90% on company trucks. Any time we have to ship common carrier I cringe, knowing what can happen. I'm pretty sure Jim is more than willing to help with the claim and ship a replacement - paid for by the carrier. A retailer/wholesaler who has damaged stock and knowing sells it is a different matter.