PDA

View Full Version : Bigsap warning 2014 !!!!!

PATheron
02-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Alert!!!! Alert!!!! Mayday!!!!mayday!!!! The bigsap warning center located in mansfield pa at pierce and sons central headquarters is issuing a severe bigsap watch for much of the northeast at this time. A warmfront has been forecasted for next week that could cause severe and sustained sap runs that could be very overwhelming for the unprepared. All sugarmakers should prepare themselves mentally and physically for the upcoming runs. All tanks should be clean and ready. This is no time to be doing unproductive activities such as spending time with family, attending any kind of social functions, etc. Need to be ready. Big woodpile, plenty of buckets, barrels, have vacuum pumps spinning, releasers test dumped, truck fueled up, everything ready pertaining to big runs. Further information will be provided as it comes available.

Flat Lander Sugaring
02-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Alert!!!! Alert!!!! Mayday!!!!mayday!!!! The bigsap warning center located in mansfield pa at pierce and sons central headquarters is issuing a severe bigsap watch for much of the northeast at this time. A warmfront has been forecasted for next week that could cause severe and sustained sap runs that could be very overwhelming for the unprepared. All sugarmakers should prepare themselves mentally and physically for the upcoming runs. All tanks should be clean and ready. This is no time to be doing unproductive activities such as spending time with family, attending any kind of social functions, etc. Need to be ready. Big woodpile, plenty of buckets, barrels, have vacuum pumps spinning, releasers test dumped, truck fueled up, everything ready pertaining to big runs. Further information will be provided as it comes available.
Your AWESOME PAT love the stuff you come up with

Gary R
02-14-2014, 05:52 AM
It"s about time we heard this!

Russell Lampron
02-14-2014, 05:53 AM
Subscribed!!!!

johnallin
02-14-2014, 11:02 AM
I'm ready!!!!!

Waynehere
02-14-2014, 11:41 AM
ZZZZZzzzzz.... um... what the.... huh???? ALright. Been waiting for this to happen.... :cool:

Timberwolf
02-14-2014, 11:44 AM

I am hoping you are right, just hope I have just enough time to get done the little odds and ends before it hits.

adk1
02-14-2014, 11:50 AM
mee to! pretty much ready for the most part

Bryan Molnar
02-14-2014, 01:48 PM
Ready here to nice to here a warning like this other than weather advisories winter storm watches and warnings and the favorite this year windchill warnings

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Lampron
02-14-2014, 07:20 PM
The drill batteries are charged and the drill bits are ready to be put in the chucks. We're going to start tapping tomorrow!!!! BIG SAP by the end of the week if the weather liars are correct.

Thompson's Tree Farm
02-14-2014, 07:26 PM
It's just a false alarm for us Northern sappers. I still have 2 weeks work to do before I am ready to start. Of course there will be two weeks work to do before I am ready to start when I am in the middle of it too:lol:

Chicopee Sap Shack
02-14-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm ready wood chips will be on the ground Monday!!!

Sxott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunter
02-14-2014, 08:18 PM
I finished tapping today. It looks like central Ohio's going to have 4 consecutive days with excellent sap flow next week.

wishlist
02-14-2014, 09:43 PM
I managed to cut drops in today, between the wind and snow my face is burnt!

There must be some truth to this warm spell tho, I see the local propane company lowered the price from 3.79/gallon all the down to $3.59. What a deal! :mad:

PACMAN
02-16-2014, 09:12 PM
I hope you all get a lot of sap. Its going to be awhile for me In the northern adirondaks. MY bush is at 2200 ft and its 14 below right now. Still fun seeing everyone else all excited.

Dave Y
02-17-2014, 07:27 AM
While I started tapping this weekend, it is looking more and more that the forecast warm may be to brief too to produce any sort of run.

dschultz
02-17-2014, 10:03 AM
No sap warnings here in WI, just winter storm warning all day,this winter is getting very old and tireing.And the long range forcaste looks like we will have no sap weather till the beginning of April.