PDA

View Full Version : the time is near

harrison6jd
02-10-2014, 06:37 AM
the last of my lines will be up this week, the new evaporator is getting the final touches today and a practice boil will happen this week. all the hustle and bustle will end when the drill bit hits the bark. temps look to be favorable this weekend and unless things change, the time is here to tap. have fun everyone!

harrison6jd
02-12-2014, 07:07 PM
nevermind,things changed. looks cold again for a bit.

Lee
02-19-2014, 04:55 AM
Hoping to get tapped today in Glocester.

wwright
02-19-2014, 05:19 AM
Good luck guys!

harrison6jd
02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
i didnt tap yet and the future weather doesnt look promising either. i did miss a little this past weekend but i was short on time and im ok with what little i missed. waiting is hard.

foursapsyrup1
02-25-2014, 05:49 AM
I'm sure you'll do fine tapping next week. Your new setup will make life a lot more pleasant.

i didnt tap yet and the future weather doesnt look promising either. i did miss a little this past weekend but i was short on time and im ok with what little i missed. waiting is hard.

harrison6jd
02-25-2014, 07:17 AM
im not worried about it. as long as i make SOME syrup. and yes, it will be much more pleasant. might do a practice boil today to be sure everything works in reality the way it worked in my head. are you guys tapped in? any production yet? thank you for the gift you brought. it was VERY good and may become a staple in our household. i will have to stop in and visit at least once when you are cooking. if you need something, dont hesitate to ask. dave

harrison6jd
03-04-2014, 06:03 AM
all taps are going in tomorrow no matter what. my free time is getting thin and the weather looks to be changing for the better. not a drop yet . tanks,buckets and equipment is all ready to go. any mapler is welcome to stop in and say 'hi' if in the area.

harrison6jd
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
all taps on tubing are in. ended up with 115 taps. still have 25 on buckets to do but will wait for it to be running. the kids like to drink it right off the spile. now, we wait for warmer weather.

thecabinguy
03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
I tapped just before the freeze. Now I have, from my estimation, about 200 gallons of frozen sap cubes in my sacks. I guess it's preserved well until it thaws. It will eventually warm up... Eventually.

harrison6jd
03-06-2014, 01:09 PM
eventually! my driveway is a little muddy right now so i got excited and went out to check the trees. no luck. but soon, very soon. at least im prepared and not rushing to finish things.

harrison6jd
03-09-2014, 06:31 PM
had some taps running the past couple of days. very inconsistent amongst all the taps but was able to get about 50 gallons of sap. will cook a little monday.