PDA

View Full Version : Tapping Warnerville NY

Deano686
02-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Although I'm not quite ready in the sap house, I needed to get out and spend a weekend in the woods. Every weekend for the last 2 months has been spent in the shop building a new evaporator, and I was starting to go stir crazy. Spent the weekend laying out a new section, and running 1300 ft of new main line. Now that I got that out of my system, I'll spend a few nights during the week getting things buttoned up and ready to boil, and head back to run laterals and start tapping next weekend. Very anxious to see what this new rig will do!!
Heres wishing everyone a great season!!

adk1
02-10-2014, 06:19 AM
Sounds like a fair number of producers will b tappin in next weekend. Think I am gonna wait another week. Best of luck to you on your season!

BreezyHill
02-10-2014, 07:48 AM
This year I am lucky, the boys will be on winter break next week. So I am going to spend most of the weekend in the sugar house finishing up remodeling and hit the woods for tapping on Monday.
According to:
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/albany-ny/12207/february-weather/329673

looks like it will be a good week to get things running and put the extra hands to work. May even get their girl friends for a day or two. Many hands make light work.

I totally understand that stir crazy issue but the last weekend was spent remodeling for the 4-H project...thank GOD for advil.

May your bit tap straight and your sap tanks runeth over!

Deano686
02-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Well, 24 inches of snow didn't keep us out of the wood this past weekend, but it did slow down productivity a bit. 114 new taps in, and new storage tank set and hooked up. Finishing touches on the new rig, and the slab poured for it. Head tank platform built and tank installed. Hoping to finish tapping this coming weekend, and set the new rig into place. Thank god for a couple reliable friends that are willing to do what it takes to see a dream come together!!!

Deano686
02-25-2014, 05:00 AM
Finally got enough manpower to move the new rig from the shop to the sap shack last night. I'll work on the tank and pan plumbing this week. Spent the weekend in the woods finishing up the new section. 261 new taps. Made our way over to last years section, knowing it would require some work to bring it up to standards. Being last year was my first attempt at a pipeline, there was some very unorthodox techniques used to get the sap from tree to tank. Straightened out 3 old branch lines, and ran out of daylight and steam. With the temps the rest of the week being less than conducive for flow, I'll use the up coming weekend to finish in the woods, fine tune some stuff on the new rig, and be ready to go full bore next week!! Right on schedule as always!!! Hahahahahaa