PDA

View Full Version : Flexible filter press lines

doocat
02-09-2014, 09:28 PM
On the newer filter presses I see that they use flexible braided lines. Are these special in any way? Temperature or pressure? I am adding a second bank to my pump and am looking for the right hose..

Thanks, Craig

maple flats
02-10-2014, 04:57 AM
They need to be rated over 100 PSI at 220 degrees, maybe even 200 PSI for an extra measure of safety, even though you don't get quite 220 hitting that hose, and pressures will usually be in the 20-60 PSI range, sometimes you can get spikes up to 100 psi, maybe more. You would not want the hose to burst and shoot hot syrup on anyone. The braided hose that Lowe's sells will work at open discharge, but not at pressure, the temps will cause failure.

nymapleguy607
02-10-2014, 05:14 AM
I don't know what type of press you are running but on my 5" press that Daryl makes I am using 5/8" silicone raw milk tubing. It stays nice and flexible and it tempature rated to 500F,
I dont know what the pressure rating is but on my press the only part that is really under pressure is from the hand pump to the press bank, and that is all stainless pipe.

gmcooper
02-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Milk hose will work on intake and discharge from press but does not hold up very well under pressure. It might for a short time but believe me it will blow out at some point under pressure.
It depends on the brand and setup of filter press whether you need high pressure/high hose or not.

doocat
02-10-2014, 08:15 AM
It is a gear pump style 7' inch full bank with addtional 7" full bank.

Craig

markct
02-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I used a stainless braided teflon lined hose, they are commonly used as air compressor outlet hoses and are designed for high temp and pressure