PDA

View Full Version : Stainless quick connect camlocks - coupon code for mapletraders

Snowy Pass Maple
02-05-2014, 06:49 PM
There was a recent thread on a great source for stainless camlock fittings:

http://store.proflowdynamics.com/modules/store/Stainless-Steel-Camlock-Fittings_C68.cfm

The list prices are already a lot less than what some places are charging for plastic. And when I called, they even offered our small-time operation a 15% discount off the web prices, and said they would be happy to extend this to other maple producers. They have created a coupon code "MAPLE 15%" that you can use, or just e-mail them your order referencing this code. Michael Nel in sales set this up for us.

*Disclaimer - I have no connection to this company and I don't think this conflicts with any products sold by mapleguys... just thought the product, price and service was great and the discount might help some folks out!*

SeanD
02-05-2014, 07:27 PM
Wow! Nice one.

Sean

cur dog
02-05-2014, 07:30 PM
That definately looks like a deal. I just tried to place an order using the coupon code. It didn't work. I sent them a note asking what I did wrong. Thanks for posting this.

Snowy Pass Maple
02-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Yea, if you call or e-mail Michael.Nel at their domain name, he'll take care of you...

I'll post one other tip - a local maple guy referred me here for mainline tension grips - $50 min order; about $8-$9 each and shipping was quite fair:

http://amtecgrips.com/products/support-grips/light-duty-service-drops

We are trying them out without mainline wire and just using side ties on a 150 foot line.

BlueberryHill
02-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the link! I actually just ordered some plastic camlocks from McMaster yesterday. Dang, bad timing. I would much rather have these stainless ones. They are much cheaper than the plastic ones that I ordered!

maple flats
02-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Too late, I guess I should have asked them. I've placed a larger order and 2 smaller orders totaling over $300 from Pro-flo Dynamics in the past 4-6 weeks. I paid full price and felt that was a real deal. Their products are real nice, and in SS. I did order some 3/4" cam locks for my filter press discharge. I can now change from filling the canner to filling a barrel using an overfill rig by just swapping the end on the hose. I think it should prove real nice. However at 20 degrees in the sugarhouse I had to heat the female cam lock before I could operate the cams. Most likely the new gasket is thicker than after a use enough to make heating necessary.
Pro Flo is quick shipping and dependable. I bought the SS fittings but they also have aluminum and plastic in all sizes from 1/2,3/4,1/1.25,1.5,2,3,4 and I think they went up to 6" or more.

cur dog
02-06-2014, 07:37 PM
I just placed an order with Pro-Flo Dynamics. They have the Coupon code (MAPLE 15%) straightened out and the order went right thru.

BlueberryHill
02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Coupon code just worked for me as well. Thanks!

I was hoping that they would have tubing too. I need some 1" hose for these camlocks to hook up to my WX10 transfer pump. Not finding much for deals anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

maple flats
02-07-2014, 06:45 AM
I just use milk tubing or have used the clear braided reinforced tubing Lowe's sells. Either will work, but the milk line hose will hold round better, but at a much higher price. How flexible do you need it? If a less flexible tubing will work, just use 1" mainline maple tubing in blue (or anything but black) colored so you can see thru it. I pump thru 950' of blue mainline from one tank to the road.

DougM
02-27-2014, 02:40 PM
I placed an order around 1PM, and got an email around 3PM that it had shipped...not bad.

I entered the discount code and it didn't apply correctly, but I emailed them and got an email back within 30 minutes saying that I could either have a credit or a refund of the amount.
That's pretty good customer service in my book.