PDA

View Full Version : Force 5 bricking question

treehugger
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
I have just received my new evaporator from Patrick Phaneuf. It is his new style arch that is air tight. There are no grates and have 3 square tubes with smaller protruding tubes, where the grates would normally be, that are connected to a blower. I was told by the builder it was very similar to the Lapierre Force 5 arch and should be bricked like it. I would like to know if anyone has experience with this style firebox and if they have pictures or suggestions on how to brick it. The builder explained that I should fill under the air ducts with sand then blanket, brick and refractory cement to be flush with the injector tubes. I would love to see how it should looks when its complete. And also, what is the best way to cut firebricks to fit the angles of the arch? Thanks in advance.

sjdoyon
02-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Treehugger,

It is my understanding that Lapierre bricks it at the factory and delivers it all bricked. There's some folks on here with Force 5's so they can probably send you some pics.

Maple Ridge Farm
02-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Force 5's are fully bricked at the Waterloo factory before being delivered to your sugarhouse.

treehugger
02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Force 5's are fully bricked at the Waterloo factory before being delivered to your sugarhouse.

I see, hopefully someone has a picture so I get a better idea of how it should look. Lapierre does not any diagrams or videos like the other companies.

nymapleguy607
02-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Can you post a picture of the inside of your firebox. Are there air tunes along the sides?

Dave Y
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
There is proprietary information that is protected by the company. If they gave out this info it would be hard to stay in business. If you wanted a force 5 you should have bought one instead of buying a knock-off. Patrick should have bricked for you . Sorry. I paid $30,000 for that info.

treehugger
02-05-2014, 07:25 PM
There is proprietary information that is protected by the company. If they gave out this info it would be hard to stay in business. If you wanted a force 5 you should have bought one instead of buying a knock-off. Patrick should have bricked for you . Sorry. I paid $30,000 for that info.

I did not know this is what i was getting. I ordered an airtight front with a blower. When I got the unit i was surprised. His work is amazing, but i was not expecting such an advanced system. I already have ghe arch blanketed but ill add a diagram to help understand.

treehugger
02-05-2014, 07:34 PM
No air tunes on the sides. Just the bottom.

Dave Y
02-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I will tell you this , the bottom bricks are 1ft sq with air holes drilled in them. I dont know what you have to bring in air to the fire box. You should brick the sides with 3000deg full sized brick and the bottom with the larger bricks. Patrick should have a bricking pattern for his rigs, if he doesn't shame on him.

Mark-NH
02-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Give Patrick the chance to explain how to brick his arch.

jmayerl
02-05-2014, 08:25 PM
The builder should have instructions to make the arch usable. If not tell him to come back and brick
It.