PDA

View Full Version : top of releaser question

PerryFamily
02-03-2014, 07:12 PM
I have a new to me lapierre double vertical mechanical releaser. The "t" on the releaser appears to be a standard sch 40 t. Is there a special fitting that slips inside like an o-ring fitting? Or do I glue a piece of pipe in and go from there?
Thanks in advance

Scribner's Mountain Maple
02-03-2014, 07:24 PM
I think it is like mine, hard to tell without seeing it. There is a special o-ring piece that goes in the top of mine. The top of mine pivots from tank to tank as it releases. If glued that wouldn't go so well. Does yours pivot, or is it stationary? Do you have a Picture?
Ben

PerryFamily
02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
It is stationary. There is a small vac line drilled into it. It appears the mechanism on either side moves to swap sides with the vac. I can get pics tomorrow.

Bruce L
02-03-2014, 08:56 PM
We have a Bernard, probably the same set up. I have a schedule 40 piece into it, as you move the top from side to side you will see that it does pivot here, so I smeared our fitting with food grade grease, vacuum will tend to pull it tight against the o ring.

wwright
02-04-2014, 05:33 AM
If it is stationary and does not move from side to side you can use a Fernco fitting. It will be easier to take apart at the end of the season