PDA

View Full Version : containers

archangel_cpj
11-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Anyone know where I can buy containers directly from the manufacturer and not via leader. Im looking for a good deal.

Fred Henderson
11-21-2006, 04:50 AM
If you give any of them a 10 k order they will probably sell to you.

brookledge
11-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Where are you?Maybe your state association does. In Mass. our association sells containers. Members get containers at a discount and non members can buy all state containers.
As for me I buy directly from Sugarhill Container. I have my own design and it is cheapest way once you pay for the art work and screens.
Keith

mapleman3
11-21-2006, 08:38 PM
keith .. what was the lead time ordering your own? I am seriously thinking about it.

markcasper
11-22-2006, 03:18 AM
archangel, It would be hard to by direct from the manufacturer if you are not buying a FULL semi load. At least that is the way it is with buying glass from American Glass Co...........Mark

brookledge
11-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Jim
The biggest thing is getting the art work done and then making the screens. The best thing to do is talk to them. Each size container needs a screen. Also you need to decide on how many colors you want.
About 15-20 years ago some of the producers in my town got together and split the cost for a semi-private label to be designed. Now I'm the only one left using the design.
Most of the time I buy for a two year supply. Which for me is about 12 cases.
They will do any size order. They charge $20 per size for a setup charge. So its best to get as many cases of each size so that you can save even more money in the long run.
As far as lead time for an order, once they have the screens made up I'd say about two weeks for most orders.
Usually I place my order in June when they offer their sale and I always tell them I'm in no hurry
I'm not sure if they have a generic design that you can use or not might be worth a call.

Keith

archangel_cpj
11-23-2006, 11:31 AM
what is the contact info for sugar hill container??????

mapleman3
11-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah I want our own design or something that will be unique to us.. but I think once I am doing 100 gals a year(very soon) then I want to have our own instead of the Mass Maple jugs(which are nice too) just want our own lablel already on them(I hate labeling ours)

brookledge
11-23-2006, 07:39 PM
archangel
Here is the link to sugarhill
They also advertise in all of the maple magazines
http://www.hillsideplastics.com/
Keith

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
11-24-2006, 02:27 PM
It is around $ 200 to get setup with sugarhill initially as long as you provide the artwork or use one of their designs and put your name on it and it is a $ 20 setup everytime they setup to print your jugs. Per Keith, the setup fee is for each size of jugs too, but I am not sure of that. As far as savings, it is minimal, but it is a little savings. Be better to buy 2 years worth of jugs if you could to advoid the setup fees each year. :?

maplehound
11-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I would sure like to have my own label but it sounds like to much $ to me. I made 140 Gallons of syrup last year and still have a hard time buying more thatn one case of each size jug at a time. To buy 2 or 3 years with of jugs at one time would be too much $ to lay out at one time.

Fred Henderson
11-25-2006, 04:54 AM
The way I look at buying jugs, is its an investment and that they will not be any cheaper in 2 years down the road. :D

mapleman3
11-25-2006, 06:09 AM
That is absolutely true the way petroleum is these days. the cost of pre buying jugs reimbersed to you is guaranteed unless you stop making syrup

maplehound
11-25-2006, 11:54 AM
It is a good investment if you have the money to invest.