PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have a Dyna wood processor with problems?

dkolson
02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I bought a new Dyna firewood processor a year ago and have had nothing but problems with it. The company has been less than helpful and pretty much told me sorry for your bad luck. Has anyone else had the same experience? At this point I would never recommend anyone buying one!

Round Mtn Mapler
02-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I looked at the Dyna 14 and almost bought it but ended up going with the Turner Mills Processor and have over 450 hrs in two years and i love it!

what problems are you having with the DYNA....ITS PRETTY MUCH just hydraulics?

dkolson
02-04-2014, 07:26 PM
The paint is peeling off, I'm one the third belt, the belt always slips with a load on it, the splitter detent never holds in place, two hydraulic cylinders leak oil, I have replaced 4 hydraulic hoses, the jack broke off because of poor welds, trailer brakes don't work, the torsion axle hits the fenders, the boots on the hydraulic levers are ripped, the bar oil will leak out when the machine is not in use, I had to put new battery cables on it, the valves on the hydraulic tank leak. I am sure there is more but that is the bulk of the issues. All these issues with less than 120 hours and just a year old. Very disappointing. I was told most of the problems are because I don't keep the machine inside, I use the machine in bad weather and I run it down the road when there is salt on the roads.

Round Mtn Mapler
02-04-2014, 07:49 PM
forgot about the belt.....bummer
tighten cylinders or new o ring maybe
i too have replaced 2 hoses so thats just wear and tear
poor welds thats bad
My processor is under a shed i built so no salt or driving down highway issues.

sounds like the slipping belt is only thing stoppin you from processing firewood. Do you use commercially ? WHat model do you have?