PDA

View Full Version : When to tap is using buckets in eastern Mass?

Weekend_Warrior
01-31-2014, 11:34 AM
When are people tapping if they are using buckets in eastern MA? Is now the time? Or, wait until after the next cold snap?

SeanD
01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
It's tempting to go this weekend especially since they revised the forecast showing the warmer temps hanging around until Tuesday. The cold comes back after that, though. The cold is supposed to stay until next weekend. I don't know what happens after that.

The trouble is, the warm up for this weekend was supposed to be gone by Monday. So, I didn't plan on tapping. Now it's pushed out to Tuesday. Sometimes while I am focused on what could happen in ten days, they change (significantly) what will be happening in three.

If this warm up gets pushed to Wednesday or beyond, I'd tap if I were you especially if you don't have that many.

Sean

Swagner
02-01-2014, 08:34 AM
I live in central Ma. I tapped about ten buckets yesterday at my road and driveway trees. I only put one tap into each tree so that if we end up with a long season and my taps dry out I can just put in a second whole and move them. Good luck.

WESTMAPLES
02-01-2014, 09:45 AM
im waiting till feb 10th to tap everything in just because theres no need to rush just because we have a few warm days, just keep your eye on the weather and good luck to everyone this season