PDA

View Full Version : looking for pictures of blowers

bannonbush
01-28-2014, 10:04 AM
building a new 2x4 arch. see pictures on previous thread. I want to put a blower in back of ash box. any body have any pictures of what they did? do you direct the air up with a plenum or just blow air in ash box? I had a pipe in my last woodstove arch along the floor with holes in it but it would fill full of ash..any help would be great. thanks

TerryEspo
03-20-2014, 07:46 PM
I don't have a picture off hand to post.

Last year and this year I built a new arch, never boiled yet this year so based on last year my blower into ash box worked just fine.

I simply cut a hole under my ramp and stuck a galvanized furnace fitting into the stove, some of it sticks out. The blowing air is blowing toward the firedoor, but underneath. I feel that direction helps with convection. The blower then was moveable from under the ramp and I would just slide the blower tube into the galvanized fitting. With the blower off, the galvanized fitting is an air intake.

I will look better for a pic.

Hope that helps.

TerryEspo
03-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Found last years blower pics. It would blow so hard, that I would back up the blower a bit and leave a space between blower and stove.

The blower was maybe too big??
The blower from a Halloween yard inflatable.

harrison6jd
03-20-2014, 09:25 PM
i did something similar with a $15 house fan. the fan is 10" in diameter stuffed into a 10" to 8" and then an 8" to 6" ductwork adapter and then into the evaporator similar to terryepso's setup. i wasnt sure how much fan power i would need so i wire an outlet through a dimmer switch to control the electric current to the fan. i was told running the fan on a lower electric current will burn out the motor but for $15, i will be happy if it lasts only 1 year.

adk1
03-20-2014, 09:38 PM
U can look in my photos and see what I did

Paul VT
03-20-2014, 09:45 PM
93019302the first is one that I built for a half pint I had. Went in the ash door. The second is one I built for my 2x6. It enters the the rear under the fire.

Sunny Knoll Farm
03-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Here's pictures of my new setup with both AOF and AUF. Includes SS control valves.
Hope to test boil this weekend. This thing really pushes hard and is loud.
We're working on extending the piping and box to reduce noise.