PDA

View Full Version : Little box with solar panel and tubing on the driveway up to Bascoms, what is it?

markct
01-26-2014, 07:46 PM
I noticed on the driveway up to Bascoms they have a box with tubing running into some kind of module and a solar panel and box which I imagine holds a battery. Anyone know what exactly this system is, I assume its to monitor vac levels but don't know for sure, don't see it in the catalog so maybe something new or experimental

maple flats
01-27-2014, 05:02 AM
You should have asked.

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-27-2014, 05:22 AM
could be a monitoring station for that new HE system people have been talking about

steam maker
01-27-2014, 06:26 AM
I asked bruce what that box was he kinda chuckled and changed the subject to how its a great time to expand or upgrade. So i asked sam and he offered to come to my sugarhouse and evaluate it and give his two cents , so i decided to try david but he wasnt at his phone so i left a message and he hasnt called back yet, finnally i asked bruces wife liz , she pronounced my name wrong then handed me a bill!!!! So with all that said im making a explaination for it , seeing how they had a cold winter up there they hooked up that little box , its really a portable heater that sends heat to the trees to get the sap flowing on those cold days , heard with that set up you can achieve 1.5 gpt!!!!

WESTMAPLES
01-27-2014, 09:01 AM
that`s funny I saw the `black box` also I honestly figured it was some type of monitoring system for the tubing ?? funny that other people noticed this also, and hey markct its mike the guy who traded that cord for your pump how things going down your way?? and thanks for the knowledge I gained just from talking with you for that short while

BreezyHill
01-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Could be part of the Homeland Security Monitoring protocol for the future. All the concern over is the food chain safe is going to cost us big time between security surveillance systems vacuum level monitoring for sudden unexplained drops. Have you visited your states port authority lately. I am going to have to get a new ID to keep getting feed ingredients in the next year or so. We have also had to put up our own cameras as we have had several thefts in the area of metal objects. There is a list of suspicious vehicals people watch for in our area.

Had a friend tell me of a camera that sends the pics wirelessly to store on computer. A solar panel would make it more user friendly and no need to change the darn batteries.