PDA

View Full Version : Wiring a Blower

Ryan August
01-25-2014, 05:47 PM
Ok, I think a know how to do it but I am not an electrician and really have no idea if I am even on the right course. How do I wire the blower and speed control together and to electricity. The photos show the items. The blower also only has one black and one white wire, kind of hard to see in the pics. I am going to follow this post with another as it would not let me load all three images at once

Ryan August
01-25-2014, 05:55 PM

OK, so this is what I think. Line one would be my white wire, tie into the white wire on the speed control and the out the black on the speed control and to the white wire on the motor. The black wire from the electricity straight to the black on the motor. The motor/blower has no ground wire? THe white would be L1 and black L2

I need help.
Thanks

01-25-2014, 06:30 PM
No the black wire is L1 and the whit wire the neutral is L2 and I think I see a green bonding screw on the blower thats where the ground wire is gets terminated.

Swagner
01-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Yes 500 is correct you are doing it backwards. L1 is the hot or black wire. If thats all your speed control has is the black and white on the back of it with no other wires or termination screws then I would bring the hot in on the white and out on the black to the motor. Your motor usually does not have a ground wire in the termination box but will have a ground lug or place to put a ground lug on it. Make sure that you properly ground it for your protection. Depending on the size and type of motor that you have depends on how much you can actually slow it down before you start to cause damage to the motor.Good luck and wire everything safe enough for "kids" to be around it without getting hurt

maple flats
01-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Swagner is correct.

Ryan August
02-16-2014, 06:32 PM
Got it wired, worked, thanks for the help