PDA

View Full Version : looking for buckets and small pan ct

sugarridge48
01-21-2014, 07:29 AM
I am looking for some. Metal buckets ,taps and a pan around 2x4

SevenCreeksSap
01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
welcome to the forum. if youre new look at the top bar and check the classifieds and the Maple Guys site. looks like all you may need there used and you may have to do shipping, but good way to get started.

sugarridge48
01-21-2014, 06:09 PM
I was hoping to find some one local. This is my third year sugaring. I scored some sugar maples On a friends land but they don't like the look of lines so buckets I must find.

wwright
01-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Norman's Sugar House in Woodstock CT. They are very nice people and carry all sorts of maple equipment . They are Leader dealers and very knowledgeable in all things maple

Biz
01-22-2014, 11:52 AM
I tried a couple places that usually have metal buckets for sale and they were both sold out. In high demand I guess. Good luck. I ended up getting plastic buckets which are less than half the cost of the metal ones. Have to see how they work. Will go well with my wooden ones :)

If you are looking for a pan for boiling, I have a used one about 24" x 30", in OK condition but not great. Will take a look at it tonight and get a photo.

Dave

harrison6jd
01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
i am in northern rhode island and have some aluminum buckets with spiles and covers. i will see how many i can spare. i have moved on to tubing but keep some buckets for nostalgia. pm me and i will have details later today. sorry, no pan. but, if you come here i can show you my flat pan and if you like, i can put you in contact with the shop that built it.

wildlifewarrior
01-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Hey,
Try getting over to Lamothe's or give them a call, I believe that they have some, but would be new and a bit pricey. I checked craigslist a week or so ago and there was someone from Old Saybrook with buckets and taps. Check em out.
Mike

sugarridge48
01-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Hey,
Try getting over to Lamothe's or give them a call, I believe that they have some, but would be new and a bit pricey. I checked craigslist a week or so ago and there was someone from Old Saybrook with buckets and taps. Check em out.
Mike
I spoke with him and he had sold a.pan 2 days prior.Oh well old setup will have to work for now
Thanks for the info

shorelinetapper
02-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Good Morning,
We're not quite sure how many buckets you're looking for or what kind of buckets, however, we have some galvanized buckets that we no longer are using.
Give us a call @ 860-510-6683 (Sherri)

Maple mass
02-16-2014, 03:10 PM
We have about 400 galv buckets for sale. Here in western mass @ (413)374-7511 Jerry

Littlesap
02-18-2014, 07:46 AM
I have ~30 buckets/lids/taps I can part with, located in Newtown, PM me if interested. Buckets are aluminum, lids are galvanized and taps are stainless

sugarridge48
02-19-2014, 06:13 PM
I have ~30 buckets/lids/taps I can part with, located in Newtown, PM me if interested. Buckets are aluminum, lids are galvanized and taps are stainless
Thanks everyone but it looks like I lost the trees I needed the buckets for. Guess ill stick with my own trees.

markct
02-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Weather disaster or neighbor disaster? Ask around, with the offer of a little syrup most people are more than happy to let you tap there trees. After a while you get to be known as the "maple guy", or maybe "that crazy maple guy" but either way sooner or later someone will approach you about tapping there trees!

sugarridge48
02-19-2014, 07:36 PM
The land owners wife can't stand the buckets and tubing she wanted me to tap in the woods those trees are way to far off the road to be worth it

markct
02-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that ended up off track, but as I said give it time trees will come! how many taps you do currently?

Tanta K
02-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Be careful of being on neighbor's property unless you are good neighbors. Liability if you should get hurt. Was in VT last week and heard of a guy that is suing the "Maple Guy" for "ruining" his trees that are having issues. Maybe Maple die-off issue but it doesn't matter, the poor Maple Guy is now going to be tied up in court instead of sugaring.

Tanta Kirsten
Brooksvale Park Sugar Shack
Hamden