PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Storage Tank Problem

markonsite
11-14-2006, 09:20 AM
I have two 275 gal storage tanks with the metal cages. One of them has a crack in the shutoff valve which needs to be replaced. The problem is the thread size on the tank outlet. It seems to be a proprietary thread size. I have been to several plumbing supply houses and they don't have anything to fit. Does anyone know where to find an adapter which would match the threads?

Thanks,
Mark

Fred Henderson
11-14-2006, 09:47 AM
www.mcmaster.com I found fittings there that would match plastic barrell bung threads. It enabled me to go from the bung to pipe thread. I warn you that they are big, the catolog that I have from them has over 3500 pages.

Brad W Wi
11-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Try looking on the tank for the manufacturer and calling them.Use the internet if there is just a name. A plumbing supply place may be able to order one but you would be paying for their share as well.

WESTVIRGINIAMAPLER
11-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Plastic weld the fitting, about any body shop has a plastic welder. :)

Father & Son
11-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Try www.norwesco.com under Bulkhead Fittings. It lists alot of different sizes if you have enough room to resize the hole in the tank. Ordering direct in bulk but you might have a dealer in the area.

Jim

ibby458
11-15-2006, 06:03 AM
Depending on your exact needs, you can likely find a Fernco fitting that will clamp over the threads that you can hook to a regular thread nipple. Not elegant, but cheap, easy to find and functional

That's how I attached my feed line to the SS bulk tank that I used last year.

Fred Henderson
11-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Fernco's do solve a lot of problems and save a whole bunch of headaches.