PDA

View Full Version : Tubing Tool Rental

mapleman3
02-11-2004, 09:42 AM
I think there can be $$ made in some kind of tubing tool rental service. who wouldn't rent a nice two handle drop tool for lets say 30 for a week vs 130 to buy it... I think for the small guy that would work. if I was a dealer that would be something I would offer for sure... think of all the different tools out there, " mainline tools, tubing tools, cutters, wire spools, tubbing spools, heck even tappers. I wish my local dealer did this.

Maple Hound
02-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Some of the dealers in my area let us use there tools jsut for buying the tubing and fittings from them. Try asking your dealer if not tell him you will go elsewhere.
If your going to have a very big setup though you will want to have your own tool, for those mid season repaires. I was able to make my own repair tool with the help of someone who knows how to use a welder.

Maple hound

mapleman3
02-11-2004, 06:35 PM
My first attempt at a drop line tool wasn't as much a sucess as I planed,the angle was bad so it was hard to get it to work right. I'm working on it again to see if I can make a repair tool, it may be easier to make than the other. if it fails I will be getting one from the dealer this weekend for sure buying it or not, need to be done this weekend no ifs ands or buts, just wish the darn daytona 500 was later in the day!! I hate tapeing it and not watching live!!!

I'll ask to borrow a tool for sure... unfortunately they don't get alot of my business