PDA

View Full Version : Wet Dry Question

Scribner's Mountain Maple
01-19-2014, 05:55 AM
Hello all, So I have extended my wet/dry line this year and have a couple questions. My line is a 1 1/4 over 1". In my old setup I have 4 mains coming to the same place as it used to be the end for me at the property line edge. Now the question is do I run my new system through these 4 lines, keeping the wet/dry line (inline) or can I join into the wet dry just below where all these mains come in with a y fitting.??? My concern is all the new sap coming down going through this spot may cause a problem?

The other question is about boosters. Would it do me any good to put in a 1 1/2 line instead of 1 1/4 for the last 500 ft of the dry line to give it more air storage space? When are boosters needed?

Thanks
Ben

sugarstone
01-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Depending on the number of taps you have on those 4 lateral mains, distance from your vacuum, and the amount of money/time you want to spend. I would lean towards a separate booster for each of your 4 mains. Do the Y's or T's booster setup into your wet/dry. Picture in the CDL catologue.
I'am going with stainless Y's for strength and not much inside diameter reduction in the pipe in my new setup for this season. Along with wet/dry lines on wire and rapitube for my 1" laterals.
I was told by a Leader rep that 1 1/2 Dry and 1 1/4 Wet was good for 3000 taps.
I had this setup for 2300 then recently on 1600 taps. Still had sap coming down the dry line during big flows. Not a big deal. Also, you may want to think about a black dry line as its nice to have at least one not frozen the next morning after a cold night.

A bit of help I hope.
Andy