PDA

View Full Version : Maple glazed salmon

PARKER MAPLE
01-15-2014, 06:59 PM
Oh my gosh, so my wife pick up some salmon the other day. She says how do we want to do this. It has been awhile Seneca we cooked fish. I said I have hers of this maple and balsamic glazing you put on it, let's try it. All I have to say is wow and salmon is now on the weekly menu in this house. It. Was. Awesome.
Pm

adk1
01-15-2014, 07:02 PM
That sounds great. I got a smoker for Christmas. Thinking about doing a smoked maple salmon

Scribner's Mountain Maple
01-15-2014, 09:42 PM
Maple on Salmon is one of my favorites. And since I may be the Vermonter who eats the most Salmon each year I know. My parents moved to AK and now I get 100-200lbs of Reds and Silvers each year. In addition to Balsamic I mix it up each time, but mostly stick with Lemon, black pepper, garlic, fresh Dill and Rosemary as ingredients. Pretty much with a little Dark Maple in the mix and it taste pretty good. Especially if you can get some good wild caught salmon. Costco is the place to buy it if you have to.

Ben

silveradomaple
01-16-2014, 06:16 AM
I've smoked some salmon using maple wood and maple syrup. it came out AWESOME!!! Everyone loved it

red maples
01-16-2014, 07:35 AM
Maple sugar cured cold smoked salmon. cure it with kosher salt, fresh dill, fresh crushed black pepper maple sugar and add a little brandy and mix it all together and cover a whole boneless skin-on side of salmon. Its a 3 day process but cure it for 24 hrs wrapped tight in plasticwrap. the wash off all the cure and then dry very well with paper towels. then lay it out un covered for 24 hrs in the fridge to create a dry layer on the outside of the fish . then you need to cold smoke it for about 14 to 18 hrs. I used apple wood/ hickory mix. and it was the best smoked salmon I have ever had I haven't made it in a while because of the time commitment. I have a Bradley smoker that I love!!! they have an adapter for cold smoking but I just do it in the winter. and turn the heating element off and crack the door so there is no heat.

MN Jake
01-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Salmon is great with maple syrup on it! But have you guys cooked it on red cedar?

John T
01-21-2014, 08:41 PM
Around here, we use the Cedar to hold the salmon and cook them on Alder wood fires. I will be using Maple syrup glaze to hold the Garlic and Creole seasoning on the salmon this Summer!!!
Here is a link to an overview of Salmon Bakes, a Pacific Northwest Tradition: http://shesmoke.blogspot.com/2010/07/nw-barbecue-its-salmon-bake-time.html