PDA

View Full Version : Pump Question

jerzeemaple
01-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Need Help selecting a transfer pump,

I have approximately 100 feet of vertical pump head. I have a 3/4" black plastic waterline that is 300 feet in length from my collection tank to my storage tank feeding the evaporator, there are no inline fittings on the 3/4" pipe. I picked 3/4" because of the residual volume in the pumpline is approximately 7 gallons which I can pack up the hill after pumping. I am curious to know if there is a gas powered transfer pump that can handle the head and discharge diameter of 3/4" over 300 feet of distance.

or

I do not have electric at the collection tank but could run a wire to there from my house (approximate 350 - 375 feet). The vertical pump head is 100 feet, the discharge pipe from the pump is 3/4" with no in line fittings. What size wire would be required over (350 - 375 feet) due to voltage drop and which pump options could accomplish this.

I will drain the system daily, quick disconnects on the pump so I can pick it up and dump it so does not freeze. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks