PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy some sap this season

ctjim
01-10-2014, 03:50 PM
posting this in the classifieds also. my partner isn't going to tap this yr because of a job change and not having anytime to sugar. this was a bit of a last minute decision for him and i don't have enough time to set up his bush on vac and get all the other stuff ready as well. so i am looking to buy some extra sap to make up the difference, would be willing to pay a fair amount. looking for probably around 500 gal over the season. would be willing to take the later less sugar content sap as well, we love to make grade b. hoping for someone in eastern ct but i will travel. please pm me or call 860-978-7475 thanks jim @browndog maple

Starting Small
01-10-2014, 07:22 PM
What town in CT are you located?
-Dave

ctjim
01-11-2014, 05:06 AM
our sugarhouse is in salem

Xvermontx
01-18-2014, 09:49 PM
If I have any I can spear I'll be more then happy to shear. I'm next store in Colchester

sugarridge48
01-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Do you notice a difference in taste from Sugar to red maple I tapped a mix bag last year and I'm planning to try only sugar maple this year.

ctjim
01-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you notice a difference in taste from Sugar to red maple I tapped a mix bag last year and I'm planning to try only sugar maple this year.

the sap from the reds will almost always yield a darker syrup because of the sugar content but we have never had really any difference in taste although as the season gets to the end its def a more robust taste to it but i believe thats normal for all late season syrup.

maple flats
01-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Many say that having some reds in the mix make better syrup.

ctjim
01-21-2014, 05:05 PM
maple flats i noticed you're from oneida, that's pretty funny my mom grew up in that area and they owned the old tuscarora inn on tuscarora lake. are those your taps along route 5 near chittenango?