PDA

View Full Version : Large Bender releaser jar needed!!

tcross
01-05-2014, 02:47 PM
I am in need of a large bender releaser jar! Mine just cracked! If anyone has one they would sell me please let me know!!! I have all the guts!

markct
01-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Might be time to start measuring and figuring out a pvc solution they can be hard to come by

farmall h
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Tcross..check with some of your old farms in the neighborhood...they are out there. I would give you the one I had but sold it two seasons ago to a Maple Trader member. If I hear of one in my neck of the woods I will let you know. Look on Craigslist or E-Bay.

brookledge
01-14-2014, 03:27 PM
What is the diameter? I know they made different ones?
Keith

tcross
01-15-2014, 06:31 AM
I'm not sure as to what the diameter is? It's a large one! not the little skinny type! it's pretty much a big ball! if I had to geuss I'd say it was 16"-18" in diameter?! probably held 3 gallons? I did end up caving in and bought a hobby releaser! however when I add another 300-350 taps next year I'm going to need another releaser! so I'm still on the search for the glass jar! I have a few people locally on the look out for one! a few dairy supply shops I know in town! if anyone hears of one I'd be interested!

brookledge
01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Ok I looked and I have a bender releaser that I don't use that is about 5" in dia,
Keith

tcross
01-17-2014, 06:54 AM
Thanks for looking Brookledge! the one I had was quite a bit large in diameter! may work with the same parts?? I think i'll wait and try to find a larger jar! but I seriously do appreciate you checking into it for me!

markcasper
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I have a fish bowl type jar that I don't use anymore, if thats what your talking about. The top and bottom of the receiver attached to the "bowl" . I don't even know where it is off hand, as I didn't like it very well. I think maybe what you are talking about might not even be this one. I know I looked at a large bender one time and the guy wanted 300 dollars for it, I left it there. If I do some hunting, I may be able to find his phone number if your interested?

tcross
01-21-2014, 06:02 AM
Thanks Mark, but if he still wants $300 for it i'll pass! I paid $250 for the entire bowl and all the parts! so I'd guess the glass bowl/jar itself would only be $100?

markct
01-21-2014, 07:44 PM
I think you will find the glass part is pretty expensive if you find one, the reason being that many have been broke over the years whereas the other parts are much harder to break of course, so the jars are kinda pricey and of course they arnt making them anymore!

adk1
01-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Go to a class shop and have a few made up