PDA

View Full Version : Sap enhancement Production

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Did any one else hear out at Verona the whole story about the helium injection at the base of the tree for increased production? From what I heard a couple talking about in the hallway it increases daily sap production.

adk1
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Hmmm coming from u I can't tell if your serious or not. Haha

Walling's Maple Syrup
01-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Does this have anything to do with the "vacuumized " (precharged) sap bags they came out with?
Neil

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Does this have anything to do with the "vacuumized " (precharged) sap bags they came out with?
Neil
that was another I heard a couple words on but didnt get the full story.

There was a lot of new info on research stuff not sure if both those stories have to do with any of this.
Cleaned out a couple PM spaces can post now

Walling's Maple Syrup
01-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I heard they get like 25" of vacuum. Last all season on a single charge.

jmayerl
01-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Were you drinking hooch at Verona????????????? Or is this for real

maple flats
01-05-2014, 09:05 AM
Flat Lander, was your punch spiked? Maybe Thad snuck some in.
Dave

mapleguy
01-05-2014, 10:04 AM
sounds like some of you made the trip to colorado tuesday maybe haven't found the way back yet!

DrTimPerkins
01-05-2014, 12:51 PM
I heard they get like 25" of vacuum. Last all season on a single charge.

Sorry, no comment.

Thad Blaisdell
01-05-2014, 03:05 PM
the only thing I heard about the sap sacks was that it was going to have two compartments.... I didn't really pay attention to it as I am not that interested

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-07-2014, 04:23 AM
I heard this about the helium thing down by the media center when I was waiting for my next class to start. The one guy said by injecting the helium into the tree at the same depth that you tap at , the helium displaces the trees natural gas and lets the sap rise easier. I wish I had looked at their name badges:(

Super Sapper
01-07-2014, 05:08 AM
How about creating a sap bag made of material to "RO" the water out and leave the sugar in.

Flat Lander Sugaring
01-28-2014, 04:00 AM
Most know proctor will keep hush for 3 years and then talk about their projects. I can understand as this is just in its infancy. I have talked to some one that may know a little more of "something" so he is trying this himself.

spud
01-28-2014, 06:50 AM
the only thing I heard about the sap sacks was that it was going to have two compartments.... I didn't really pay attention to it as I am not that interested

If this really is coming in the near future it would be great for my fall tapping. I could pick and choose only large maples and have vacuum to all. I hope it happens and at an affordable price.

Spud

Waynehere
01-28-2014, 07:25 AM
I heard this about the helium thing down by the media center when I was waiting for my next class to start. The one guy said by injecting the helium into the tree at the same depth that you tap at , the helium displaces the trees natural gas and lets the sap rise easier. I wish I had looked at their name badges:(

Well if nothing else, the trees will probably talk really funny..... :lol: