PDA

View Full Version : Long winter

Fred Henderson
11-04-2006, 09:16 AM
Well its going to seem like a long one with that new evaporator sitting in the SH waiting to be used. I finished putting up the stack this morning with the help of a friend. All I need now is sap. :D

HanginAround
11-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Fred, that's easy.... just use all the syrup you have left, buy some if you need to... and re-constitute it. Just add water and syrup in a ratio of 40:1 and you can boil "sap" 'till your heart's content :D :D :D

I know what you mean... a new toy and you can't play with it. I bet you were grinning at it a lot though :lol:

Fred Henderson
11-04-2006, 05:26 PM
I like having things ready to go before I need them or being ahead of the 8 ball so to say. I am working up some ideas for a steam hood and preheater.

the old guy
11-07-2006, 07:27 PM
HEY FRED

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. I TOOK A 4-WHEELER RIDE THROUGH THE SUGARBUSH THIS EVENING WISHING IT WAS FEBRUARY ALREADY. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS NEW EVAPORATOR WORKS.

THE OLD GUY

Pete33Vt
11-08-2006, 03:19 AM
Same here, I was cutting sugar wood yesterday, cleaning up the road side. One tree I cut was a small maple. And guess what the sap was running. Kind of got the blood going for sugaring. Then I looked at all the stuff in need to do. No where near ready yet. Hopefully I can have everything done before to long.
Pete

archangel_cpj
11-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Im not ready either I am cutting a new trail through the bush and just had batton board siding delivered for the modified sugar shack Im putting up will be steel framed etc and Ive decided to use concrete for the evap footers and bricks for the rest of the floor. will also put in swinging 16 foot (two eights) doors so I can move evaps in and out. need to also built a little coupola as well will be pretty busy OH also need to get the evap from MA to OH and installed PLENTY OF TIME 8O 8O 8O :cry: :cry: