PDA

View Full Version : Home built log arch

SevenCreeksSap
12-30-2013, 07:33 PM
This fall I bought a small sawmill,a portable band saw. needed a way to move logs to it and thought maybe some of you who cut tons of firewood might be interested. I didn't know about these things until I started researching for milling, and is it ever handy. easier sometimes to bring the whole log to you. I had an old T shaped trailer frame I cut up and re-welded into the shape to back over a log, and hoist it with a come a long and tie it up for moving. works pretty well, though I'm still working on the cabling and tie down system.

Dennis H.
12-31-2013, 07:44 AM
Very nice fab'in on the log arch. I have been wanting to make a smaller one for use behind my Kubota rtv for a little while now.

glassman
02-09-2014, 05:58 PM
any construction pics? I have been wanting one for a while, thanks

bmbmkr
02-09-2014, 11:02 PM
It looks good, it's MUCH better to keep the logs off the ground so they don't get muddy and dull your blades.

SevenCreeksSap
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
any construction pics? I have been wanting one for a while, thanks

Unfortunately I didnt take any pics when I was doing it. Its made of an old trailer that was in my yard, and when the wood rotted off there was a "T" with wheels.I just started cutting and rewelding with braces and the top bar is an old reese hitch I cut the ends off of. Thinking I can use the square receiver hole for something. After using it and also a cant hook I wish I'd have looked this stuff up 20 years ago.