PDA

View Full Version : Stolen tools and syrup

MapleChaser
12-09-2013, 09:18 AM
I just want to post some items that were stolen from my sugarhouse and shop. Iam located in hinesburg there has been a rash of stolen tools around our area.
Dewalt cordless drills three of them
Millwakee cordless sawzall cordless and electric
Mikita sawzall
Craftsman sawzall
Hammerdrill
Ramset
Millwakee hole hawg drill with a 20 piece hole saw kit
Two inch honda pump
Millwakee magnetic drill

If you know of someone trying to sell these items call me or the hinesburg police. Thanks Gregg Lyman 802-482-4170

GeneralStark
12-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Nothing worse than thieves. I would keep an eye on Craigs List.

Just curious, was the building locked? I am putting up a sugarhouse now in Bristol right down road from a couple known thieves and am doing everything possible to make sure any tools or valuable materials are locked in our storage container when we are not around, but desperate people will go to any means necessary it appears.

madmapler
12-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Thats a lot of stuff to have to replace all at once. Sorry to hear it. Thieves are the worst.:mad:

maple flats
12-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Wow, what a long expensive list. I can't stand thieves. I hope they get caught and get all of your stuff back.

optionguru
12-09-2013, 02:38 PM
We own a pawn shop just over the NH border from you. They probably won't come this far but I'll put your stuff on the lookout list. Call any local pawn shops, if you tell them before the stuff comes in they are much more willing to help before they're on the hook for the money.

farmall h
12-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Gregg, People are pretty ballsy ! You may have to install a game camera at the sugar house. They would never suspect..plus you can down load the pics on your pc. Once they know all the ss is there they will be back.

Scribner's Mountain Maple
12-11-2013, 08:57 AM
All I know is I pity the fool i catch breaking into my home or sugar house

What's sad is it is likely local kids from a broken home strung out on pills or heroin. They just need help.

Unfortunately if they show up at my place at night I may not offer the help they need.

BreezyHill
12-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Well this is a wake up call for all of us. This weekend I will be installing more motion lights. I had some foot prints to the sugar house but door was locked and no tracks in. I have often wondered where the kids in school get the drugs and now I think more of what they did to get the $$ to buy them.

I am tired of hearing how it is a victimless crime.

The latest thing is skittles...they go to a party with a hand full of pills, throw them in a bag and you take some.

What happened to sitting at a bon fire and just listening to music or talking about teachers and what you want to do with your life.

Ideal hands!

Flat Lander Sugaring
12-13-2013, 04:38 AM
What happened to sitting at a bon fire and just listening to music or talking about teachers and what you want to do with your life.

Ideal hands!
just having a beer