PDA

View Full Version : manufacture's timely delivery of equipment orders

daddy
12-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Is it reasonable to expect equipment ordered in May to be built by now?:(

maple flats
12-06-2013, 11:11 AM
It certainly would seem so, but often is not the case. I also find it hard to believe they took so many orders in May that they could not build them before Dec. My guess is that they do not build in order of receiving the purchase order.
Who from and what did you order?

rayi
12-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Ti depends on what it is and who it is.

DrTimPerkins
12-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Is it reasonable to expect equipment ordered in May to be built by now?:(

Many of the larger manufacturers take the bulk of their equipment orders in the spring (April) timeframe during their Open Houses, so can have their year's capacity nearly fully booked at that time. They can usually tell you the approximate delivery time slot at the time of order. If you have specific time needs, it should be written on the signed order.

GeneralStark
12-06-2013, 01:39 PM
I am in a completely different situation. Ordered a new evaporator and some tanks in August and requested a december-january delivery. The equipment is in a warehouse in st. albans waiting to be delivered but my new sugarhouse isn't ready for it yet.

killingworthmaple
12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
It's not just the big guys I ordered from a small equipment company in July and was told 6-8 weeks I am still waiting. We tap as early as the second half of Jan. some years, thats a little over a month away. That doesn't give me much time to set up work out any bugs and test boil before sugaring.

Nathan

K.I. Joe
12-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I ordered a 3X8 from D&G and was told a November to December ship date. It came in exactly on-time. they were great to deal with and I will use them again.

tuckermtn
12-07-2013, 06:53 AM
I ordered a new pellet evap. in May from CDL, was told mid-late september, and it was ready for delivery in early October. Ordered 1200+ gal tank from Lapierre in August, was told Mid-November, and I picked it up last week. Those times are well within my "margin of error"...

Maple Ridge Farm
12-07-2013, 07:39 AM
Yes, if you ordered in May in most cases it would be built by now. But if you kept making changes to your order in September you might be at risk of a later delivery. All of the manufacturers will work with you as best they can.

maple flats
12-07-2013, 11:50 AM
When I ordered my new pans in May of 2012, From Thor, I was told they'd be ready in early Aug. Then I got a call, they were ready in late June. These pans were not std either, I had them make 10" raised flues with 4" taller sides and the syrup pan also had 4" taller sides. At the time this was special order, it is now one of their std designs.