PDA

View Full Version : hitch mounted small dump tank

tuckermtn
10-29-2006, 05:50 PM
A while back I saw a few picts of someone who had rigged up a small tank (might be a 5 or 10 gal pail) on a pick-up truck reciever hitch w/ a 12V pump to pump into a 200-300 gal pick-up tank. Think it was intended to lessen the # of ups and downs into back of pickup to dump gathering pails...

anyone have info on or picts of this set-up?

thanks

royalmaple
10-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Chris Casbohm has that set up. Should be able to see it on his maple pictures.

www.mapleandhoney.com

Look under evaporator restoration.

Fred Henderson
10-29-2006, 07:10 PM
You can do the same thing by setting a pail or a 1/3 of a plastic barrel on the tail gate. Thats what I have done in the past. Then just use a 12v bildge pump. Be sure that the hose to the tank can not siphon when the pump is off. By using 1/3 of a plastic barrel I did not have to lift very high.

Sugarmaker
10-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Matt,
Thanks, (our web site should be working again.)
Tuckermtn hope you find some ideas here. (look on the picture page and its in there some where< If you cant find it let me know.) Fred is right you don't have to get as fancy for these things to work and save time gathering. We feel it saves 1.5 hr each time we gather. (400 roadside pails) I kept it low to reduce back strain with those 5 gallon buckets.
Chris

tuckermtn
10-31-2006, 07:04 PM
thanks Chris, Matt and others...hopefully will have time to create something for our 150+ roadside buckets...

thanks again.