PDA

View Full Version : new from ohio

ohio_j
11-15-2013, 09:16 AM
new guy here from ohio. last year was the first year for me doing any sugaring. want to get a bit bigger this year and welcome any suggestions and pointers at any time. thanks ya'll.

spud
11-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Welcome to Trader ohio_j. You will find Maple Trader to be very helpful with whatever questions you have. How many taps do you have?

Spud

SevenCreeksSap
11-15-2013, 05:44 PM
welcome other Ohio-an. Over in the flatlands there you'll have to figure out your tubing runs, where I am it all just flowsdown hill. Keep reading the trader and asking questions, these guys are really helpful. If you follow the pattern you'll definitely be getting more into it.

bowhunter
11-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Welcome! We're not far apart....I live in Marysville. I also started last year.

mountainvan
11-15-2013, 08:20 PM
I noticed you are from Xenia. I am also from Xenia. Left in 82 to find my way to the Catskills and many maples. Good luck sugaring.

ohio_j
11-18-2013, 11:16 AM
thanks for all the replies ya'll. I had 12 taps last year and used a barrel stove style evaporator. yeah here in xenia moutinavan nice little country house and property. doesn't compare to the catskills tho i bet. Sevencreekssap- i used 5 gal buckets with tubing run to the bucket on the ground. Not enough grade to run down hill to an area. I can't seem to get the classifieds to open for me. Something about there are too many redirects??? any idea what the deal is?? Hope ya'll have a good day and week