PDA

View Full Version : bottles breaking the bank

Mountainstate mapler
11-14-2013, 08:25 AM
We are located in West Virginia and have been ordering our bottles through Bascom maple in NH. The bottles seem fair priced but the shipping is generaly almost as much as the bottles. We cant continue to spend that kind of money. If anyone knows of anybody that is selling 8oz and 12oz glass bottles please let me know. Thank you for your help

upsmapleman
11-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Gamber container in Lancaster Pa. is where I get them. If I remember right around .45 or .50 cents plus caps. But they do not ship glass but would be a good day trip for you. Fillmore container also in Lancaster will ship but a little more. Both have web sites in you Google there name.

bowhunter
11-14-2013, 05:46 PM
You might try Erlsen Brothers in Mt. Gilead, Ohio. Mt. Gilead, Ohio is just north of Columbus off I71. They sell glass bottles and plastic jugs. I think they only carry Ohio jugs. This might be closer than Lancaster, PA depending on where you're located. You will need to call in advance and arrange to meet them at the sugar house. ( 419-362-6275). Their prices are pretty good. http://erlstenmaple.com/

ericjeeper
11-24-2013, 04:50 PM
SKS, free shipping on orders of over $250. But on large quantities I order from Gamber. Freight runs about $350 but that is for a full pallet of bottles. 2,160 12 ounce bottles