PDA

View Full Version : 3x10

lakeview maple
10-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey everyone I hope your summer and fall seasons are going well. I need a little input here from you folks if you could please. I'm looking for a bigger used evaporator ,preferably a 3x10 ,I would go 4 x 12 but would rather not. I don't have the money for brand new and I've been looking every where with no luck. I would rather really stay on the east coast as well ,I don't mind driving but not to Minnesota, no offense for you all out there. So thanks for any input and God Bless ,Al

jmayerl
10-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Your about 6 months to late to find a good used evaporator. Most if the stuff you will find this time if year is either junk or overpriced. Happy hunting

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-26-2013, 07:34 PM
build an RO Lake then you dont have to go bigger evap

lakeview maple
10-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Well Flat ,Im not quite ready for a RO yet ,I only have a limited power supply at the moment. So I went a ordered a new D&G 700 3x10 ,I take delivery second week of January, not a lot of time to work out the bugs ,and not my favorite time to work with refractory cement either. Much less being on the roof installing a bigger roof jack, but all around Im pretty excited ,now Ill work and deer hunt at the same time running a few more mainlines and laterals. Take care all,and God Bless ,Al

AdirondackSap
10-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Congrats LakeView on the new evaporator would love to come check it out when your boiling this year.

lakeview maple
10-29-2013, 05:34 PM
C'mon up the coffee is always on

Flat Lander Sugaring
10-30-2013, 04:12 AM
Congrats LakeView on the new evaporator would love to come check it out when your boiling this year.

C'mon up the coffee is always on
PARTY AT LAKES WOOOHOOOOO Ill get ALLGREEN to be DD

Dont need much power for ro, one two pole 20A breaker, 6.8A per leg approx.

lakeview maple
11-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Your always welcome as is anyone who shows up. Im looking forward to the season on this new evap. Hopefully I can keep up unlike last year ,we were close to overflowing our bulk tank a couple days and had some really long days boiling for 14 plus hours ,takes the fun outa it. Take care all ,Al

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Your always welcome as is anyone who shows up. Im looking forward to the season on this new evap. Hopefully I can keep up unlike last year ,we were close to overflowing our bulk tank a couple days and had some really long days boiling for 14 plus hours ,takes the fun outa it. Take care all ,Al
Cough cough RO cough hehehehe

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Cough cough RO cough hehehehe

meadster02
11-05-2013, 02:21 PM
i know where there is a nice 40x10 it has a D&G insulated oil arch along with a wood arch that is a forced draft unit and a pre heater hood. Hood for the front pan all the stacks the man wants to sell as a complete unit 14,000 if your interested

lakeview maple
11-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Hahaha your funny Flat ,cough cough RO my eye, lol maybe in a couple mpore seasons. Let me pay off this evaporator first ,then Ill have you help me build one and run power to the sugarhouse. Al

Flat Lander Sugaring
11-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Hahaha your funny Flat ,cough cough RO my eye, lol maybe in a couple mpore seasons. Let me pay off this evaporator first ,then Ill have you help me build one and run power to the sugarhouse. Al
you state workers, come on buddy just work a couple doubles you will have the money to build one this year:lol::lol::lol:

lakeview maple
03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
89488949Hello everyone, its been a little while but Im kinda back on my feet an we have made great progress in getting ready for the season, I had a bunch of volunteers yesterday and we got the new evaporator all hooked up and they ran another 150 taps . I cant wait to punch in here in the next 8 to 10 days . Depending on the weather it looks like around the 9th or 10th will be tapping day here for us. I hope you all are having a good season so far and may your sap be 3%, AL8947

lpakiz
03-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Nice looking unit, there, Al. CONGRATULATIONS!