PDA

View Full Version : Intro to tubing clinic

morningstarfarm
10-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Evning all...we will be running a clinic here at Morningstar farm in Plaistow, nh on Nov 9...
For this clinic we will be covering basic vacuum techniques specifically in smaller sugar bushes. We will lay out and install a complete vacuum system...so you will get plenty of hands on time in all aspects of the design, layout, installation, pumps, releasers, and trouble shooting. Cost for. The clinic is going to be $20.00 to cover food costs. We will also have basic supplies available from Chris at the maple guys
For further info or to reserve a spot you can either pm me here or call 603-479-0804
Thanks, chris

68bird
10-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Chris, This sounds awesome. I would like to attend. I see no problem with the date, unless the wife has other plans.I will check it out today.
Thanks, Doug

morningstarfarm
11-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Evening all...putting the final touches on everything for tomorrows clinic...if anyone is interested there is still plenty of room...should be a good time and hopefully everyone will take something useful away with them...just a note....I know we had set a price for it but since then we decided to do it as a free clinic...figure it is a good way ofgiving back to the community that helped us so much when we were starting out...clinic starts at 830 with coffee then a short introduction to the process...then into the woods...should wrap up early afternoon. Topics will be topography, vacuum or gravity, releasers, and then all the hands on...hope to see some of your smiling faces...

68bird
11-10-2013, 06:53 AM
Sorry I missed it! for some reason I never saw the friday night post. I did try to call, and got no answer. I ended up working in my woods, and getting up the 1" main line. Wow! that was a lot of work. Hope to get the 3/4" Y's in today. I don't know what I'm doing, but so far it looks good.
Doug

red maples
11-10-2013, 09:42 AM
How did everything go? Hope everything was good, you had good weather for it!!!

backyard sugaring
11-13-2013, 07:36 PM
My neighbor( Barry) and I went we had a good time learned a lot about a subject that is new to us. Chris went through the whole process with us then we went out into the woods and installed the wire, mainline, laterals, droplines and connected to the manifold. I want to thank Chris and Mike for a great day. Again thanks Lee

morningstarfarm
11-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Evening all...our first clinic was a total success and a blast...had three guys attend. Was smaller than I had hoped, but, that was my fault....missed the deadlines by a day for the papers...oh, we'll I learned...anyways, we had a great day...started off with a talk through of the options in styles, fittings, equipment, and process of layout. Then we hit the woods...again covered reading your woods for layout then we ran a side line from running the wire straight through to installing
Lars, drops, saddles, and finally the manifold and whip connections to attach it to the main line...everyone got a chance to actually put hands on in each process...I know that for me it brings everything to life. Looking forward to running it again next fall...thanks to all that attended for making it a success...