PDA

View Full Version : We are now all safe!

Mark
09-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Sent out five packages of syrup USPS in fixed rate boxes and they took 10 days to arrive at the destination. Since it was liquid they sent them the Hazmat bin and put them through explosives testing. Customers said they were opened and re-taped. Can't figure out why this is happening now, we have sent so many it was a factor in keeping the small local post office open. Maybe they would like to close it.

delivron
09-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Maple Syrup is a liquid and is dense. You should always bring the product to the window and inform them that it contains Maple Syrup and even mark it on the shipping label.
Welcome to post 911.
Where the containers opened braking your product seal. I hope not!

Bucket Head
09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Will taking a package to the window and informing them prevent them from opening up someone's package, after they walk out and its out of their sight? Is this something only the postal service does? Does UPS and FedEx do this? If this is now routine at the post office, I won't be going there anymore either.

Steve

maple flats
09-24-2013, 07:23 PM
At first FedEx refused my syrup shipments (I just arranged them online under my account, p/u on designated location). Then I called them on it, now they take my shipments routinely, with no issue.

markcasper
09-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Its really boils down to more intensive dog training for us slaves.

Mark
09-25-2013, 09:29 AM
It looks like the last package will arrive today after 10 days. I thought by putting maple syrup on the box it would be treated better but won't do that again. They must have had recurrent training close to 9/11 and will forget about it soon and go back to normal.

New grading scale? Light amber, dark and explosive?

Birddog
09-25-2013, 11:39 AM
FedEx refused to ship my Syrup. They told me they no longer accept liquids.

Revi
09-25-2013, 11:56 AM
I have sent syrup even overseas. You have to put it in a plastic bag and into a mailer and mark it maple syrup, preferably within sight of the people at the desk. I haven't had any trouble, but it was pretty expensive to ship.

slybird353
09-25-2013, 12:02 PM
So how do they check/screen it?. X-ray? Hopefully it does not affect the product?