PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Maple School- Tilton NH October 26th, 2013

tuckermtn
09-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Here is a link to the brochure.

http://extension.unh.edu/events/files/2231320D-93D6-9856-8ADCB5163981B3D8.pdf

You can register online- follow the link on the flyer.

Same lunch option as last year. Lots of vendors committed to being there as well.

Very good turnout last year for the 1st Annual NH Maple School. Hope to see more of you all there this year.

Let me know if you have any questions-

-Eric

tuckermtn
10-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Greetings all- wanted to let folks know that the deadline to register (if you want to reserve a lunch) for the

2nd Annual NH Maple School is this Saturday, the 19th.

Registration and trade show start at 8am, program starts at 9am.

You can walk in and register that day, but you will not be able to get a lunch.

To register online, follow this link: https://www.events.unh.edu/RegistrationForm.pm?event_id=15631

for the brochure, follow this link: http://extension.unh.edu/events/file...163981B3D8.pdf

Send me a PM with questions...

-Eric

tuckermtn
10-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Here is the outline for the day.

Sat. Oct 26th - Winnisquam Reg. High School

8:00 Registration and refreshments and visit with vendors

9:00 Ensuring Quality in the Food Making Process - Ellie Valentine, Butternut Mountain Farms

9:30 - 10:15 (Session 1)
-Lateral/Roadside Lines on Gravity – Dave Butler, Leader
-Maple Cream – Ben Fiske, Ben’s Sugarhouse & NHMPA Board of Directors
-Tapping tools and techniques – Keith Wakefield, CDL USA
-Vacuum Pump options – Glenn Goodrich, Goodrich Maple Farms

10:30 - 11:15 (Session 2)
-Making 500 taps work for you - Eric Johnson, Tucker Mt. Maple & Josh Bouchard, Spring Harvest Maple Farm
-Maple Candy – Ben Fiske, Ben’s Sugarhouse & NHMPA Board of Directors
-Reverse Osmosis – Speaker TBD
-Voluntary Guideline for Maple Producers - Ellie Valentine, Butternut Mountain Farms

11:30 - 12:15 (Session 3)
-High Vacuum with Gravity Tubing - Tim Wilmot, UVM Proctor Maple Research Center
-Connecting with Your Customers using the Web - Kelly McAdam, UNH Cooperative Extension
-Sugarbush Management – Steve Roberge, UNH Cooperative Extension
-Updates from the NH Dept. of Agriculture, Markets & Food – Victoria Smith & Janice Conner, NH Dept. of
Agriculture, Markets & Food

LUNCH - To be guaranteed lunch, please register by Oct. 19

1:15 – 2:00 (Session 4)
-High Vacuum with Gravity Tubing - Tim Wilmot, UVM Proctor Maple Research Center
-Identifying and sampling off flavors in syrup - Ellie Valentine, Butternut Mountain Farms
-Filtering syrup - Chris Pfeil, The Maple Guys
-Bottling best management practices – Bill LaPort, Artisan Printing of Vt., Eric Johnson, Tucker Mountain Maple

2:15 -3:00 (Session 5)
-Boiling Concentrate - Glenn Goodrich, Goodrich Maple Farms
-Vacuum releasers & maintenance – Lapierre Rep.
-Sugarbush Health – UNH Cooperative Extension Forester
-Backyard/Beginner maple syrup production – Steve Roberge, UNH Cooperative Extension

tuckermtn
10-22-2013, 01:12 PM
Update on schedule-

Rejean Laverdiere, the designer of the Force 5 from Lapierre, will be taking the time-slot at 2:15 that was previously announced as a releaser maint. and trouble shooting seminar. Tom Patterson from Lapierre will take any questions on releasers at the Lapierre table anytime during that day.

Again, you can still register online (see link above) and at the door, you will just need to do lunch on your own.

Looking forward to a good maple day this Saturday...

-Eric

NhShaun
08-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Let me know if you have any questions-

-Eric

This is interesting but couldn't find anything for 2014/15 Will this be happening again?

DrTimPerkins
08-26-2014, 06:48 AM
This is interesting but couldn't find anything for 2014/15 Will this be happening again?

The NH Conference will be on October 18th this year. Don't know of any other details.

Green Hill Maple
08-27-2014, 04:56 AM
Where is the registration for this conference. I would like to send the topics to the ISA for possible continue ed credits if I were to attend.

tuckermtn
08-27-2014, 06:33 AM
Greetings all - Dr Tim is correct in that we are planning the 3rd Annual NH Maple School for Saturday, October 18th at Winnisquam Regional High School in Tilton, NH.

Still working on details for the workshops, but we will be following last years format very closely.

So consider this a "SAVE THE DATE" notice.

Cheers -

Eric Johnson

NhShaun
08-27-2014, 09:03 PM
Great!! It is marked in my calendar , thanks a bunch! Looking forward to this.