PDA

View Full Version : Perfection Vac Pumps

PerryFamily
09-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Perfection Vacuum Pumps

Does anyone have any experience or information on these pumps?

Are parts available?

With proper cooling are the capable of 20-25" of vac?

Any info on possible cfm

I do not have a model # , but it was used in a dairy application.

Thank you in advance

BreezyHill
09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Can you post a pic of the unit. Piston or rotary vane?

PerryFamily
09-03-2013, 07:40 PM
Breezy-
The only picture is the add on craigslist VT. It appears to be rotary vane with what looks like a fan to pull air over the pump. It is on a balance tank. Seems like it may be obsolete ?

Found a used surge alamo as well. Looks really clean. Both fairly close by

BreezyHill
09-03-2013, 10:07 PM
If it the one I am thinking of they were made in central NY on rt 20...town name escapes me but my son goes to SUNY Morrisville I will text him to see if he saw it. I would suggest taking it apart before running it. There is a good chance the housing is rusty and will need to be cleaned. This is very simple and takes a little time with a hone and a drill. The rust will score the vanes and reduce vacuum levels a good amount. I am working with a place to get vanes made for rebuilding pumps. if you get the unit and need vanes pm me with dimensions.
Pumps left that turn still should be pulled apart and checked. I got one that had a very light rusting that the vanes looked like a flat file. Low readings but alittle work and she was back in the high 20s.
Water traps are a must! steel and water= rusty metal in time.
Alamo/surge/westfalia are good units. Need to open her up and shine her up to run high vac. you wouldn't run a car without an air cleaner.
I don't see the unit you can send a pm with the http:// I will look and see what I can find out.