PDA

View Full Version : Maple Producers Booth at NY State Fair

MapleMark753
08-30-2013, 08:33 AM
Had a great experience at the NY state fair yesterday, and visited the NY Maple Producers Association booth at the fair. The "booth" (its a large, nice, well stocked set up) was drawing lots of people to look and buy syrup, maple cotton candy, coated nuts, etc... and we bought some too. Tasty, as it should be! Some of the other booths were staffed by people who looked like they didn't want to be there. Not so with the maple booth. Must've been 10-15 cheerful, helpful people who were staffing the maple booth, including both older and younger generation people who offered free sample of products and helpful advice to purchasers. Steve Childs was there ably running the maple cotton candy machine at that time, so said hello and had a brief conversation. We overheard several people say what a nice set up it was, as well as that something to the effect of "man, this is great, always have to stop here to get some maple syrup, and then go to the finger lakes wine booths to get some of that too".

jimsudz
08-30-2013, 09:22 PM
I worked the opening day at the maple booth, made a lot of cotton candy and bagged a lot of molded maple sugar. I'd like to work more but being self-employed , I'd fall behind. Like to thank all the full timers at the NYS Maple booth,Helen Thomas,Kim Enders,GaryWogelschlagel (spelling?) Dean and Ruth Ester Delavan,Dave Sciek,Lyle and Dottie Merle and all the part timers.