PDA

View Full Version : Firewood Processors

OneLegJohn
08-07-2013, 04:24 PM
We've entered the realm oF producing mass amounts of firewood. I've been looking into processors. We love our Timberwolf splitter, however, will likely invest in a processor. I'm looking for pricing on a new Blockbuster 14-12, Timberwolf Pro MP, and any other suggestions in that quality range. I see a used 14-12 for $15,000 and low hours, however, I have no idea what a new one runs. I've been quoted $31,000 on the Pro MP. Looking to price check, basically. What have you seen for pricing?

steam maker
08-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Ive heard goodthings about the crd metalworks processers, made in williamsburg,mass

maple2
08-08-2013, 07:05 AM
CRD builds many different models in different price ranges.Ive looked at a few different brand processers. i think CRD machines exceed most of the other brands. Not just saying that because he is my neighbor and good friend!

maple flats
08-08-2013, 04:04 PM
If you can make a field trip next weekend the NYS Woodman's Field Days in Boonville, NY is Aug 16,17 &18. Each day starts at 8:00am and ends at 5pm. At this show they have demo's for all the big players in the firewood processor field and many smaller players. They also have anything logging or wood related in depth, chainsaws, sawmills, skidders, and so on. This is a huge show, and it will allow you to see each being demonstrated.
They also have lumberjack competitions all 3 days.

harrison6jd
08-18-2013, 07:12 AM
After doing 85 cord with a splitter, I bought a crd to speed things up. I didn't have the time to do it manually any more. Around here, most tree guys chip up to 12 in logs so any wood to be bought is larger diameter which is why I got the crd. I can do up to 24 inch logs. It's hard to get that perfect 14 inch wood where I am. If you have your own supply and it will go through the units you mentioned, go for it. You will not regret it.

Spanielslovesappin
08-18-2013, 07:30 PM
While i do not have a processor i do have a 36" 3 pt hitch Timberwolf Splitter. Based on the Quality and function of my splitter i would consider Timberwolf Processor before anything else.