PDA

View Full Version : NAMSP Meeting

markcasper
10-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Anyone planning on attending the National convention in less than 2 weeks? Its being held in Green Bay, Wis in case no one knows.

I am working on getting a donation of Swiss Miss pudding, as well as hot cocoa mix for either the goody bag or taste of Wisconsin night.

The stuff is made in my home town and it's the only plant in the world that has ever made it. I thought it would be a mistake not to at least try considering since my family has been shipping milk there since the 40's.

I have been playing phone tag with the plant manager, seems like all corporations are the same!

Anyway, would be interested to know if any plan on going.

Also, has anyone heard of whether the "new" producers manual is out yet? Seems to me someone said October once upon a time.

The best of the fall colors are history here, they peeked early in the week, at least now one will be able to see further to get some work in the woods done. Mark

HanginAround
10-07-2006, 08:13 AM
My cousin and his wife are going as he is the delegate for NB. Only two others from NB are going and they are not producers, but work for a forestry information group, Infor.

Neat about the Swiss Miss, good luck with your quest.

I don't think the leaves have peaked yet here... it seems anything that was turning dark red is already peaked, but most of the sugars, oaks, poplars, birch, and other stuff aren't in much rush, still quite a bit of green around.

Sugarmaker
10-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Mark,
Good luck with the convention. There might be several from NW PA?
Maybe Burton and Ruby Kimball?

Regards,
Chris