PDA

View Full Version : Trip to VT

Maplewalnut
07-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Looks like the wife and I are taking a short trip to Burlington Aug 9,10 leaving the 11th. Anyone going to be around that weekend on the west side of VT. Looking for a nickel tour or two. Probably go to Bennington and make a left, up through Rutland etc.

Also anyone in Eastern Pa that needs anything taken or picked up from Lapierre, PM me, I should have room to save you some shipping.

Mike

madmapler
07-30-2013, 06:47 AM
Thats a great route. Very low stress driving. My wife and I go that way to Burlington every year or so. Beautiful scenery. If this is you're first time up then I can tell you that Manchester has an Orvis outlet thats really worth checking out. Theres a cdl store in Rutland if you go a mile+- on rt.4 east and the Shelburne Museum just south of Burlington is awesome. Its an outdoor history museum full of old buildings,shops,boats,trains,etc. They allow 2 days to tour it. Burlington is a great place as well. You may already know these things but let me know if you want to know more.

Dave Y
07-30-2013, 07:04 AM
If you are going to Swanton, you may as well drive over to Orleans and check out the new Lapierre store . It is very nice.

mapleack
07-30-2013, 10:59 AM
If you need a lunch stop when you're in swanton go to Joey's Junction in Highgate Center, only a couple miles away. We stopped there last week, the sandwiches were big enough for two people and were AMAZING. The fresh fries were great as well. Plus the guy's a big sugarmaker.

maplwrks
07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
If you're going up 22a, stop by the Addison County Field Days---come into the sugarhouse for a maple cream donut!!

Maplewalnut
07-31-2013, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys. CDL store was a stop already and Addison County field days and Joeys junction are on the to-do list. Specifically looking for someone that has a half hour to show me a wet-dry set up. Can always learn something but I need to see it, books don't help me to much. LOL

maplecrest
07-31-2013, 07:57 AM
CDL store in Rutland is under summer hours. 8 to noon

GeneralStark
07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks guys. CDL store was a stop already and Addison County field days and Joeys junction are on the to-do list. Specifically looking for someone that has a half hour to show me a wet-dry set up. Can always learn something but I need to see it, books don't help me to much. LOL

I should be around during that time frame and could show you my setup. I'm southeast of Burlington and 30 minutes. Always nice to meet other sugarmakers.

Flat Lander Sugaring
07-31-2013, 05:20 PM
im hr north of bennington no vac just a 2x6 ser up, maybe Randy will chime in.

halfast tapper
08-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Thats a great route. Very low stress driving. My wife and I go that way to Burlington every year or so. Beautiful scenery. If this is you're first time up then I can tell you that Manchester has an Orvis outlet thats really worth checking out. Theres a cdl store in Rutland if you go a mile+- on rt.4 east and the Shelburne Museum just south of Burlington is awesome. Its an outdoor history museum full of old buildings,shops,boats,trains,etc. They allow 2 days to tour it. Burlington is a great place as well. You may already know these things but let me know if you want to know more.

The CDL store is located on route 103 south on the left side, there is a small general store right before it. Look for route 103 to Ludlow the turn is about 4 miles past Wallingford.

doocat
08-01-2013, 07:19 PM
If you want to see wet/dry you can stop by here...but I know it is not Vermont!

Craig

delivron
08-02-2013, 07:11 AM
Lapierre Swanton has a demonstration area with wet dry setup right infront of the store. They used telephone poles to simulate trees. While there are no releasers or pumps you can see how to do it with SS fittings.

Maplewalnut
08-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Thanks Craig, I'll be up. Just wanted to throw in a side trip or two on way to Burlington. Give me a call if you need anything picked up while I am there. Going to Lapierre and probably CDL

Flat Lander Sugaring
09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
How is your trip going, where did you stop

Maplewalnut
09-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Flats-

Rained cats and dogs the Friday we went up through so I never connected with any traders but thanks to everyone for the offers. Did go to CDL Lapierre and D/G. Never went to Leader. I get the whole American company but I can't get past Leaders prices. Did meet a sugarmaker in Williston. Mike Isham was his name. Nice guy, had just bought a brand new leader 3x12 that he was installing, think he said he had around 1800 taps.

Mike