PDA

View Full Version : Maine distributors

Chicopee Sap Shack
07-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Is there a distributor in Maine or southern maine for that matter that is similar in size to Bascoms?

07-28-2013, 11:20 AM
No but there are dealers check out the mmpa website for a complete list.

gmcooper
07-28-2013, 09:53 PM
There are no really large dealers like Bascoms. Since this is posted under tubing systems F W Webb certainly does have the tubing in large quantity. I was there one day when the Windham branch had a semi load of mainline delivered.

buxtonboiler
08-04-2013, 03:34 AM
You could check out Bill Mason in Cornish. really nice guy and can get what you need.

K.I. Joe
08-04-2013, 03:44 AM
Webb is expensive though. If I remember right they wanted .48 foot for 1" main line.....Too much for me.

hossm
08-04-2013, 05:21 AM
May want to call charlie at the Windham location. last I knew it was less than 1/2 that price.

08-04-2013, 06:02 AM
Yea last time I checked it was cheaper.

eagle lake sugar
08-04-2013, 06:53 AM
F.W. Webb delivered my 1" mainline to my yard in January, in 1000' rolls, for .22 a foot.

K.I. Joe
08-04-2013, 06:33 PM
I called the Bangor office, I would have thought that all offices would be the same, I will check into this. thanks

spud
08-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Is there a distributor in Maine or southern maine for that matter that is similar in size to Bascoms?

The State of Maine keeps growing in syrup production every year. They are one of the big player's in US production. I can't help to wonder why the dealers don't set up shop in that State. Are you guy's paying more for you're sugaring supplies in Maine. I would hate to have to drive for hours just to buy my sugaring supplies.

Spud

Cider Hill Maple Farm
08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
To all Traders,

Last year I posted that F.W. Webb carries all the tubing,Lapierre mainline fittings, latteral fittings, spouts, tools and tanks of various sizes. Some of the Maine branches that have the necessities in stock are Bangor,Augusta and Windam, any large orders placed are available in a few days, and are delivered to your closest branch then shipped to your location via. a Webb truck. If you would like further info you can contact F.W. Webb branch 36 in Winslow, Maine at (207)-872-5522 or Hoss Markowski at (802)-775-1922, Hoss is our Maple inside sales at our Rutland, Vermont branch. Being a producer myself I would enjoy speaking with you, but I am the mechanical designer for Kentrol which is a division of F.W. Webb so there is a little conflict of interest. In the future I'm hoping to see a outside sales representative for the Maple Industry in each Maple producing State that F.W. Webb has branches in.

eagle lake sugar
08-06-2013, 06:22 AM
The State of Maine keeps growing in syrup production every year. They are one of the big player's in US production. I can't help to wonder why the dealers don't set up shop in that State. Are you guy's paying more for you're sugaring supplies in Maine. I would hate to have to drive for hours just to buy my sugaring supplies.

Spud

The biggest obstacle for me is buying bottles. Shipping amounts to .25 to .50 a bottle. The one time purchases of equipment, tubing etc. aren't so bad, we just plan a trip now and then and stock up. Maine is a huge producer when you factor in the syrup that is made near the border and is tabulated in Quebec or New Brunswick. It sure would be nice to have some close suppliers.

gmcooper
08-06-2013, 06:25 AM
When anyone calls F W Webb for prices on maple tubing and especially main line you need to be sure you tell them it is for maple syrup. They have a cash maple account for that and the prices are different. I think most employees are on board with the maple equipment pricing but some may not know there is a difference.