PDA

View Full Version : Oh So much rain!!!

red maples
07-03-2013, 07:53 AM
Well the trees seem to be growing a lot I see a lot of new growth at the ends of the branches but man some sun would nice!!! dry things out a little!!!

maple flats
07-03-2013, 05:07 PM
For sure. We had well over 7.5" in June and already almost 2" in July. A year ago I was frantically hooking up drip irrigation in almost 6 acres, this year the rain won't quit.

red maples
07-04-2013, 07:33 AM
and hot and humid as well. I already used my A/C more this year then all of last year. Some of the time just to help keep the inside of the house dry!!!

Some impressive photos on the news this morning with roads completely washed out in various parts of NH from flash floods this past week

heus
07-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Saturated ground+wind=more trees down in my woods.:cry:

slammer3364
07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes no haymaking around here rains everyday and I mean everyday, we have had 12inches of rain in the last two weeks probably have a drought next month

collinsmapleman2012
07-08-2013, 09:03 AM
For sure. We had well over 7.5" in June and already almost 2" in July. A year ago I was frantically hooking up drip irrigation in almost 6 acres, this year the rain won't quit.

Dave,
Did you escape the flooding down where you are? I know some of Oneida was pretty bad but haven't heard about where you are.
this is one of those years that i'm thankful to live on a hill

Shawn
07-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Same here rain and rain and rain and then some sun but rain is way ahead. Glad I put new pipeline up early before it started here. Would not dare put tractor in woods to haul wood out, glad I got that done early. Feel bad for the loggers.

gmcooper
07-08-2013, 07:08 PM
We have been in same boat. Rain almost everyday. finally got some hay in but usually we are 90% done by now. 90% left to go this year. I heard today a few may be more loggers have been shut down because of mud and high water levels.

Bruce L
07-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Took the forage harvester out to the hayfield to chop hay back onto the field, had been laying for over 2 weeks. Last year we were long done, this year we have barely started. Went cutting some more wood today to get ahead on the season's wood, can't cut has the tractor would probably get stuck

Bruce L
07-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I am sure the price of cherries will be going up in the stores. This is the first year our trees have blossomed/ bore fruit. The Stella tree is pretty much done now, we got maybe 20 cherries
off the whole tree,there hundreds left on the tree all molded looking like a sponge. The Bing cherry tree is next, anything starting to ripen on it is also molding, and of course it is raining here again today!!!!!!