PDA

View Full Version : D&G Evaporators

K.I. Joe
06-15-2013, 08:53 PM
I am looking into D&G for a new Evaporator and was wondering if anyone with experience with one would be willing to share a review. Thanks

Walling's Maple Syrup
06-16-2013, 11:40 AM
What size are you looking at? D&G is very good quality. We have owned these rigs for years.

Neil

mainline
06-16-2013, 05:53 PM
I have a 3x8 D&G with drop flue ,wood fired. It has been a dependable evaporator. Have only had it a couple of years but have made 500 gallons syrup all grades with it. Would not have any problem with the idea of replacing it with a new High Efficiency Tornado. Almost did it this year but got a bigger R/O and adding more taps instead.

WMF
06-16-2013, 08:59 PM
D&G has been making welded pans longer than any of the other major equipment companys and was first to use 304 BA (bright annealed) which the others now use.
Back in the nineties the D&G pans were way ahead of everyone else in quality. The other guys have caught up and now all the majors make great pans thanks to copying D&G.

Dave Y
06-16-2013, 09:21 PM
All major manufactures make good standard evaporators. The difference shows up when you get to the hi efficiency arches. They are not all created equal.

Mark
06-17-2013, 06:53 AM
If you are going to buy a high efficiency arch try to take a look at them before the stainless wrap is put on.