PDA

View Full Version : leak on lapierre 250

super sappy
06-04-2013, 07:16 PM
LAPIERRE 250 =The high pressure pump has a little leak at the top where the curved stainless pipe exits at the top of the high pressure pump .Lost maybe a cup of sap. There is a plate and four bolts that I tightened and it did not solve the problem . The leak is small and appeared at the end of the season. Some guys have told me that they all do this. I do not know. I talked to a dealer and he said it will have to be rebuilt by lapierre. Honestly I do not get warm and fuzzy feelings based on past dealings that I have had with them .Anybody go down this road before?=ss

Brian Ryther
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
The bent ss pipe goes into a plastic female threaded coupling. I am amazed that they use plastic for this connection considering the application. I would suggest unscrewing the bent pipe, re applying Teflon tape to the male threads of the bent pipe and screwing it back into the top of the hp pump.

super sappy
06-04-2013, 08:56 PM
I read what you wrote and and what do you know/ I cleaned some of the goop out and stuck a bright lite up there so i could see inside the opening between the plate and the pipe and there it is" pink teflon tape" . The dealer lead me to believe that this was a factory rebuild. I am not much of a mechanic so i never really looked, whenever i started thinking about it i just got pissed.The next rainy day i will yank it apart ... thanks for the heads up =ss

802maple
06-05-2013, 06:45 AM
Maybe what the dealer was referring to was going into the pump itself. I would try what Brian said, but I wouldn't attempt taking the pump apart because without the proper tools you will be sending it to Lapierre.

claytski
06-05-2013, 08:58 AM
I would not be afraid of taking a Lapierre high pressure pump apart, or even a recirculation pump. I have had dozens of their pumps apart, completely rebuilt them, and there are no special tools required to do so. All of the o-rings in the pump are dash numbers and can be purchased via McMaster-Carr. Some of the mechanical seals are John Cranes and are scribbed with a part number with in. I have a full schematic book of their RO's and the breakdowns if anyone needs any help.

Leaking Lapierre RO's is not a new thing...I have replaced atleast 10 o-rings on 3 different Lapierre RO's this season after the RO came back from being "fully serviced" up at Lapierre. You would think that when a company is being paid to work on an RO, and the customer transports it up there, they would keep the pine needles out of the pressure housings and replace the o-rings where the hoses attach, especially when the o-rings are cracked and fall off when attaching a new hose. Just my opinion I guess...