PDA

View Full Version : five inch filter press

lastwoodsman
06-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Just had a saw a demo of a 5 inch press ran by air, the same size I bought last summer although mine is a hand pump type.

The one I saw is made locally by a very mechanical minded fabricator and runs on air with a diaphragm pump. He understands the maple industry very well and the needs thereof.

Complete control with air and this fella has done his home work and the diaphragms can withstand 300 degrees. Very elegantly designed as well. Small and compact. With a new RO on order I want to make sure I can filter quickly. It comes all setup on a nice platform with the pump on it. The press itself is identical to the one I purchased last yr so I know what it can do.

Once I get it I will post photos.

The fellas name is Todd Pakiz and his number is (507)384-7158

Needless to say I am going to upgrade.

So shortly I will be selling my five inch press. (need to get photos this week-end). Only ran 30 gallons through it this yr.

Woodsman

brookledge
06-04-2013, 06:35 PM
When you say it is identical, Is he breaking copy right laws? It would be one thing to replicate one for yourself It would be another thing to copy them and sell them. Maybe the copyright has expired. I don;t know enough about those type of laws.
Keith

lastwoodsman
06-04-2013, 07:08 PM
As far as I know it could be internally a little different. Depends I guess if there are any patents or Tm held on this particular design.
I am not a lawyer and do not know the details enough to comment on that.
You could certainly give him a call and ask.
They both are five inch presses. From the outside they look very similar. But to me so does a ford and a Chevy pickup.
Woodsman.