PDA

View Full Version : Maplerama 2013

vtmapleman
05-24-2013, 09:02 AM
The 2013 Maplerama will be hosted this year by Orleans County Maple Producers Association. The Maplerama will be headquartered at Jay Peak on Thursday/Friday (7/25 & 7/26) and Orleans County Fairgrounds on Saturaday (7/27). The tours will be scheduled over two days with visits to maple and food producers. For further information visit the following: VMSMA website: http://vermontmaple.org (The registration form is available by going under "Sugarmakers" and and clicking "Producers) Also, you can go to facebook (www.facebook.com/Maplerama2012) for ongoing information.

Thank You

Bruce L
05-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Any boil off again?

Thad Blaisdell
05-24-2013, 12:25 PM
announce that there will be a boil off and I will be there.

vtmapleman
05-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Sorry, no boil off planned for this year.

Amber Gold
05-24-2013, 02:56 PM
Bummer...it's a great idea...only way to test these fancy evaporators against the manufacturer's claims.

Flat Lander Sugaring
05-24-2013, 04:35 PM
the tsunami is ready to go if called heheh you will go when i pick you up

DrTimPerkins
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
MapleRama 2013 info is also available on the UVM Maple Extension website at http://www.uvm.edu/extension/maple/mainline/maple-mainline-june-2013.pdf

CBOYER
06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
just to inform:
There will be a boil off in Québec on july 5, 2013 in st-Anselme Qc.(near CDL Main office )
http://www.cfast-anselme.ca/Rendez-vousacericole.htm

Return to Maplerama...

Amber Gold
07-19-2013, 02:13 PM
The wife and I are spending the weekend up there for Maplerama. What else is there to do the rest of the weekend?

spud
07-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Jay Peak is a great place for the family. There is a great indoor water park and a great golf course. They have an outdoor pool for quest only and lots of great food and drinks. My family and I go to the water park several times a year. You will have so much fun doing all the things they have to offer that you might forget about the Maple Show. There will be buses leaving every morning after breakfast taking people to many local sugarhouses. I can see the tram going up and down from my house. Anyone that goes will have a lot of fun for sure. Bring the wife and kids because they won't want to miss this place. I am going to try to go but I might have to help my folks at their home that weekend. Last boil off CDL kicked everyone's butt so maybe they feel it's not worth doing it again.:o

Spud

tuckermtn
07-19-2013, 08:13 PM
josh- to the water park up at the mountain. It rocks. we were up there at xmas two years ago just after the water park opened. your two girls will love it- something for all ages.

PerryFamily
07-19-2013, 09:24 PM
That is what we are doing....heading up Thursday at noon and spending the night. The wife and kids are going to the water park on Friday while I go on the tours. Should be a good time had by all. Hopefully it will be cooler.

killingworthmaple
07-20-2013, 05:48 AM
First time going. Is there a fee if so how much also is there lots of vendors or just a few?

tuckermtn
07-20-2013, 04:41 PM
were any Traders at the Quebec boil-off or know the results? I went to the link and it just talks about the time of the event- but no results.

Flat Lander Sugaring
07-22-2013, 05:31 AM
First time going. Is there a fee if so how much also is there lots of vendors or just a few?
yes there is like a gate fee, at least there was a few years ago when they had the boil off

mapleack
07-22-2013, 06:51 AM
I'll be there.

Amber Gold
07-22-2013, 08:33 AM
Actually, the wife and I are getting the weekend alone. Usually it's me going to these maple events, and Lisa hasn't seen many other sugarhouses, so she wanted to go this year.

Is lunch provided for on Friday?

mapleack
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Yeah Josh, lunch is part of the tour, at one of the stops.

PerryFamily
07-22-2013, 03:30 PM
I was told by the VMSMA that I could register for the friday tours when I arrive thursday, I hope this is the case.

Looking forward to seeing others operations. You can learn tons just visiting others. Hopefully pictures are OK.

spud
07-22-2013, 06:39 PM
I was told by the VMSMA that I could register for the friday tours when I arrive thursday, I hope this is the case.

Looking forward to seeing others operations. You can learn tons just visiting others. Hopefully pictures are OK.

You can wait until the last minute and then get stuck sitting in the last row by the bathroom:lol:. All kidding aside I hope you have a great time. I hope to make it also but still not sure if I can. I will be the last of the last person and probably have to sit on the john:lol:

Spud

PerryFamily
07-22-2013, 07:06 PM
As long as there is a seat available....I am good. Heck I do some of my best work in the "office".

Maybe see ya there

PerryFamily
07-24-2013, 07:47 PM
any idea what the transportation for the tour is, or has been in the past?

spud
07-25-2013, 05:59 AM
I have not heard of any prices yet. I'm sure it can't be much.

Spud

PerryFamily
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, my first Maplerama is in the books. Couldn't be there for saturdays events or the banquet due to a prior engagement, but the tour on saturday was great. Saw some really nice operations, not huge ( larger than mine !!) but really nice and well planed. Our tour guide Jacques Couture ( sorry if I butchered the spelling ) was great. He provided us with tons of local info of peoples operations, who owns what farm and everything in between. I sat behind Glen Goodrich which provided plenty of laughs. Thanks to the OCMPA for putting on a great event, and Jay Peak for keeping the rest of the family entertained at the water park! Top notch operation there for sure.

Thanks again

Dave Y
07-28-2013, 09:25 PM
Perry
If you sat behind Glen I sat across the aisle from you.

PerryFamily
07-29-2013, 05:30 AM
Dave- yea I had the super popular "wheel well" seat.

Dave Y
07-29-2013, 06:12 AM
Yes you did! My buddy and I sat right behind the guy with the cowboy hat.