PDA

View Full Version : Moving 2x4 with bricks inplace

rossibuilders@gmail.com
05-23-2013, 08:16 PM
I recently sold my leader 2x4 and we are thinking of moving it with the fire bricks in place. I will cut ply wood and fill the inside to make sure the brick don't move, but what about lifting it with my tractor loader? Does anyone have experience with this type of operation? Thanks for any input

PerryW
05-23-2013, 09:47 PM
my 2x6 raised flue arch was moved out of the sugarhouse full of bricks when I sold it. I think I remember it taking 6 guys.

Russell Lampron
05-24-2013, 07:14 AM
I just moved my roll away tool chest yesterday and used a tractor with a forked bucket to lift it. Jack it up high enough to get the bucket under the heaviest part and you should be able to move it with a couple of guys balancing the other end.

maple flats
05-24-2013, 07:45 AM
When I put the concrete floor in my sugarhouse, I made a hoist system in the trusses and then slung the 2x6 evaporator and raised it to pour the cement. It fared well. Moving might be a different thing because of the shifting and bouncing,. I have heard of others doing it in the past. Just be careful and you should be OK.

jrmaple
05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
When I bought my 2x8 we moved it fully bricked. We took a bale of hay (2nd cutting because it is a little softer) and stuffed it in the arch and that held the bricks in place, then we took 2"x4" s under the arch and just lifted, it took 6 BIG guys but we were able to walk it right onto the trailer. And previously when I still had my 2x4, it only took three people to move it with the doors off, but bricks still in it. Good luck.

802maple
05-25-2013, 01:04 PM
I have sold a 3 x13 and a 4x12 fully bricked, bracing it the way you said. I jacked them up with my high boy jack high enough to get a beam under it on both sides and then put pipe under it so that I could roll it and moved them all by myself

rossibuilders@gmail.com
05-29-2013, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the input! we got it out of the barn And onto the trailer. The pipes under it Worked awesome! I just put my new 30"x8' in the barn yesterday using the pipes under it and one person can move it!