PDA

View Full Version : pocket sized tubing tool

pwm
05-23-2013, 05:14 PM
We are developing a new smaller easier to use tubing tool.Based on our own experience with tubing pliers we feel this tool has a few advantages.
- It puts both hands close to the fitting you are trying to install.
- You can open and close it more accurately than pliers with long handles.
- You dont have to brace one of the plier handles against your side when starting a fitting.
- It is machined to tight tolerances,so it slides freely and stays aligned when pressing the tubes together
- It is small,light weight,and will fit in most coat pockets
- It works so smoothly that most new semi rigid tubing will push together with your bare hands
- It has an acme screw (for long life) to handle harder or cold tubing that cant be hand pressed
- It has a 1/4" hex to fit any cordless screwdriver or drill
- It cost less than pliers
We are open to comments.please feel free to watch the video in the link below and let us know what you all think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r2KLrNfgFM&list=UUrBzqyEYbrZLLTR29pG61-w&index=1
thanks
pwm

spud
05-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Looks pretty nice. How much?

Spud

western mainer
05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
As Spud said how much, looks good!
Brian

K.I. Joe
05-23-2013, 05:54 PM
X3 How much and how does it work on larger or smaller tubing

Daves Maple Farm
05-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Looks like messing with three items instead of one. Much smaller for sure.

TheMapleMoose
05-23-2013, 07:20 PM
I love new toys!

PerryW
05-23-2013, 09:49 PM
sounds like a good idea. The physical size of the existing tubing tool is the second reason I have never used a tubing tool.

TheMapleMoose
05-24-2013, 06:29 AM
I don't mind using the regular two handed tool, when I've got a lot of drops to install I don't mind lugging it, mine has a shoulder strap. This little guy would be ideal for repairs though. I would buy one just for that. Are they going to be a ails me for sale? What is the price, and how do we get one?